Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,332   Online: 702

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Hasselblad extension tubes old vs new

I´m about to add an extension tube to my newly acquired 180/4. Is there any reason to eschew the older (10,21,55) extension tubes?
    I thought about adding the 21mm. Which tube do you think recommendable for the 180mm Sonnar?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I believe the newer tubes if type E have electronic contacts and are 16E, 32E, and 56E. The tubes including the ones you mention can also be stacked. There is a chart which I don't have handy that will tell you the exposure compensation and other information about magnification, etc. It might be available on the Hasselblad web site or through a web search. I have a set of three above plus the 8. I think the 21 is considered useful for portrait shots. I can stack the 8 and 16 with my 150mm lens for about the same affect as a 21 with the 180.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recommend the 21 for use with the 150 / 180 so you have continuous focus range. The extension of the 150 focus mount is 21mm and is not less than that for the 180.

Douglas Fairbank
    www.classicv.co.uk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Jeff and Douglas (and thank you Douglas for your PM on the shutter of my Sonnar too!).
    Continuous focus range was what I was looking for. Seems like I will go for the 21mm.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin