Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,368   Online: 1091

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    I gave an old roll of VP127 and an extra spool so one of the APUGgers could use his little camera. I still have a couple, but I'll keep them for my Baby Yashica. I could sure use a few 620 spools, I have only a few and I have a couple of old cameras which won't take a modified 120 spool. Since I have only three spools it limits my picture taking with these old box cameras.
    Ironically I'm looking for some VP127 AND I just re-rolled a VP620 onto a 120 spool ... oh well...

PS you can still get 620 fresh at B&H ... no lie... there's at least two kinds, maybe 3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Denverdad View Post
    I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I can tell you exactly how much they go for. The answer is $7.25, on average.

How do I know this? Well, for some strange reason (a moment of boredom perhaps) I decided to look at completed sales of 620 spools and calculate how much they were actually selling for. I found about 3 months of sales to average; and having done the exercise twice since then, I can now report the figure above as the average price per spool over the last ~9 months. It encompasses eBay sales of just the bare spools, and only those sold in North America. It does not include shipping costs, although I have statistics for that too. Anyway, here is a histogram of the data:

Attachment 64991
    This is some great market research. Ebay is all over the map for some items. Changes in description and condition alone can't account for it all. It takes me months of browsing and bidding before I get my sought after item at the average, or maybe the mean price. I can't decide if it's simply that people know they overpay and have more money than patience, or if they simply don't understand that these prices swing wildly.
    I confess I'm a gear nut within my price range. ;)
    Nikon FM2n, FG, FG20, N2000, Nikkormat, Olympus Stylus Epic
    Minox 35EL, Voigtlander Bessa-L
    Yashica-D TLR 6x6, Seagull TLR 6x6
    Agfa Isolette 6x6, Welmy 6x6
    Kodak Tourist 6x9 Anaston lens
    http://www.wendelstout.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ironically I'm looking for some VP127 AND I just re-rolled a VP620 onto a 120 spool ... oh well...

PS you can still get 620 fresh at B&H ... no lie... there's at least two kinds, maybe 3
    The "fresh" 620 is re-rolled 120 - "Film for Classics" is apparently B & H's supplier.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    I keep a few spares, but throw them all out. I just tossed a bag with about with about 70 spools in it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Cash in on my old 120 spools?

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The "fresh" 620 is re-rolled 120 - "Film for Classics" is apparently B & H's supplier.
    Ahh that's why they are tin foil wrapped... Either way it's still fresh AND available.... No searching for spools

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Cash in on my old 120 spools?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    I keep a few spares, but throw them all out. I just tossed a bag with about with about 70 spools in it.
    I keep the spools and backing paper, there's a guy on here experimenting with a 70mm cutter, I trade him my spools and he cuts my 70mm into 120

Right now it's a trial experiment though, about to test out my first roll today

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin