Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,406   Online: 1168

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bogen 3021 with leg wraps and either an arca ball head or a wimberley, when useing my large lenses, I also have a 3047 QR for it, that gets used with the 6x6 gear,holds well and is sturdy, have used for medium and large format work, I also have two of the old very large Tiltall tripods which are rock solid and quite reasonably priced on the used market, I have one with the orginal 3 way head and have modified one to accept aftermarket heads., but I would have to say my 3021 gets the most amount of use.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After much deliberation I just ordered a Bogen 3001 and a 3030 head for my birthday (Happy Birthday to Me!!!).

I hope that it works out OK!

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I also use a Manfrotto 055Pro tripod in black with a three way "standard" head.
    I find it very steady even in strong wind carrying my Hasselblad 501CM but light enough
    to carry on my back on treks.
    I got it from Athens, from the representative of Manfrotto:
    Αλεξάνδρου & ΣΙΑ Ε.Ε.
    Ορμηνίου 9, Αθήνα.
    τηλ. 210 7236847
    The whole set of tripod+head cost me about 160-170 euros.
    It is highly versatile and of great construction quallity.
    I also got a carrying lash and a padded bag, from the same store.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Bogen 3021 legs with the 3030 head, it works great with my Mamiya RB67.
    -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a Giottos 9180 and a Manfrotto 329RC4 head. Not the lightest combination. The tripod comes with a built-in head that might be good enough if you use a WL finder. Price here in Canada is less then $200 Canadian for the tripod so it should be well below your lower limit of 150 Euros. The head almost cost me what the tripod did.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the manfrotto/bogan 3021 w/ 3047 head and the 3001g with the ball head that uses the same plates as the 3047. The 3001 g has the foam leg wraps and is painted green (I suspect the green paint makes it less visible to the colour blind wild life that I don't shoot). I use the 3001 when travelling by plane otherwise I prefer the the greater stability and control of the 30021/3047 combination.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Bogen 3051

I use a Bogen 3051 is heavy but stable with a 3047 head
    i use it with my RB and omega 45D
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

I also use a black Manfrotto 055. The centre post is short (only 8inches I think) since I never raise the centre more than an inch. The ballhead is Manfrotto 308RC. It has a quick release built in.

The legs have been wrapped in pipe insulation secured with electrical tape. This is for 2 reasons: (1) holding onto the bare metal in anything less than 12 deg celcius will suck all warmth out of your entire body and; (2) for padding carrying over the shoulder.

I have used this for 35mm and MF.

Roger
    Roger Bird
    Burlington, Ontario
    Canada
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~rogerpbird

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Manfrotto 055 with a manfrotto 029 head for 35mm and 6x6. When using 5x4 I fit a Linhof pan and tilt head with a manfrotto converter plate 120. This converter plate changes the thread on the centre column from 3/8 to 1/4 inch. I have not mounted My Kardan GT in a strong wind yet so am unsure how stable this combo will be in unfavourable condtitions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would recommend actually handling the various brands,I own several brands but Manfrotto and Bogen are my favorites.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin