Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,280   Online: 878

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    30 year old "star D" for the street and Bogen for the studio.
    Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The jury is in...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I just got a Berlebach 2042. Well, I've had a chance to use it for a few days now. I first thought I'd need to use a ball head on top in addition to the built-in leveling ball, but that has not proven to be the case. I've shot with my SQ-A and Eastman 5X7 on these sticks and I can now say, they are GREAT!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks to everyone for your help. I went with the Manfrotto 055pro with the 329 three way head—it seems very stable and versatile.
    Thanks especially to Ari for referring me to the shop in Athens. Its one of those Hellenic gems that you find less and less frequently in Athens. It’s in a semi basement with no carpet or décor or space, just the stuff on sale and it’s run by an extremely knowledgeable, polite and helpful gentleman in his 70s, Mr. Alexandrou. I found him sitting behind a desk filled with clutter and a demitasse filled with yesterday’s grinds from his Greek coffee. It’s the kind of place that makes you love Greece. I may get an enlarging lens from them later. If you are ever in Athens in need of lighting, reflectors tripods, etc they are behind the Hilton at the address Ari mentioned above.
    James

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have been using a Bogen 3443 carbon fiber tripod with a Kirk BH-3 ball head for all of my medium format gear. Perfect for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am glad you are satisfied Dimitri. I too liked that place and I am happy you found it! It was a treasure hunt indeed even though the store is very close to my appartment in Athens.
    Did you get the padded bag and the shoulder strap?
    Both are highly recommended and I couldn't do without them.
    The bag for protection during storage and transporation in the car or plane and
    the strap for carrying the tripod with me on location.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I own and use both a Medium format system and 4" x 5" large format outfit and find the Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared head to be the ideal one for easy control of the camera position on any one of my tripods, metal or wooden. Cheers Barrie B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Manfrotto 229 three way head tripod system with a dedicated Hasselblad quick release mechanism. It weighs a tonne.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few years back, I was on a quest for a hiking rig for use with P67's. I took the time to borrow some rigs and test some in shops. I used a laser pointer taped to the camera and burned up a bunch of film from the freezer that needed to be put to some use. I found that much of the movement with the P67's occured after the shutter had closed and the on-film motion didn't coincide with what I was watching during the test. It was an eye-opening experience with many surprises. Certain rigs that seemed rigid and solid seemed to set up just the wrong vibes with the Pentax ca-chunkers. After seeing what happened when doing these tests, I would recommend that you try the test yourself, with your own equipment and then do some deciding. My hiking rig turned out to be a Gitzo 1320 Studex with a 3047 Bogen head (replacing the original Rationale #3). If I would have followed my instinct and assumptions, there were others I would have likely picked before testing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmelas
    I'm looking too invest in a good steady tripod,
    not necessarily lightweight if that sacrifices stability. What
    would you recommend in the 150 to 300 euro (or $) range?
    I've a Mamiya RZ67 mounted on a Manfrotto 3001 equipped
    with a Manfrotto 410 gear head. Don't forget to add a
    gear head. They have a new model I been meaning
    to check out. Dan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin