Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,784   Online: 869

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is the same without back attached? I know you can not fire without back and film in it in single exposure mode - but just to rule out back problem. Did you test with body only, nothing attached (no back, lens, finder even focusing screen? I tested it just now and with nothing attached to the body
    shutter lock OFF (9 o'clock position while looking from the front of the camera) , multiple exposure in OFF vertical position - i can not fire shutter (which is normal bc no hack with film in it was attached) but can fully depress it

Shutter lock OFF, multiple exposure in ON horizontal position - i can fire shutter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have you tried using a cable release to rule out a problem with the shutter button? That would at least take one thing off the list of possibilities.

I had a problem with the multiple exposure lever a few years ago that gave me fits during an event, but it was one of those "suddenly started working again" things and never happened again. What I think I remember doing is something you've probably already tried. Wind on with the multiple lever forward, but don't shoot. Flip the lever back and then shoot. Then wind on normally and see if it works.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have tried the cable release and the situation is the same.

I will try your suggestion with "playing" with the multiple exposure release though as I haven't tried that yet.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If after everything you find you need to send it for repair, Frank Marshman at Camera Wiz has a great reputation. Jimmy Koh at Koh's Camera was the guy I went to, but he has retired from Bronica repair. I have not used Frank but his reputation is very good, and Jimmy recommends him.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PastInk View Post
    I have the shutter lock correctly set according to the manual at the fully released position BUT with film in the camera (either 120 or 220 back), dark slide out, shutter cocked I cannot depress fully the shutter button to fire the camera. If I rotate the switch controlling multiple exposure to the multiple exposure setting and cock the shutter by turning the crank I can easily depress the shutter button and fire the camera. Upon returning the multiple exposure lever to the single exposure setting the old problem returns of not being able to fully depressing the shutter button.

This appears to me to be a mechanical interlock problem of some type rather than a battery problem but I will check as soon as I can get a new battery.
    Yes, there is a interlock pin at the lower right side of the film back that protrudes from the magazine into the body, and it is what allows the shutter to be released when the magazine has been advanced to a new frame (unless the multiexposure lever is actuated on the body).

Even with a dead battery the body should release the shutter properly, albeit at a fixed 1/500 speed irregardless of the shutter speed control setting (and there would be no blink of the red LED).

Quote Originally Posted by PastInk View Post
    Now the other problem is that when the lens shutter fires at any speed there is no LED flash to tell me that the shutter has fired although I know it has and I have checked for proper shutter times.
    With a battery in the body, there should be a red wink from the red led at the lower right of the viewfinder (below the flash ready indicator), which happens when the shutter closes. Failure of the LED to blink normally indicates a dead battery. However, I once had purchased a used back whose interlock pin intruded into the body too far, causing the mirror to not rise all the way, thereby preventing the shutter from firing -- so although the mirror went up the shutter never fired and the red LED never blinked, and the magazine could be advanced to the next frame as if the shutter had properly fired! I had to send the magazine in to Bronica service to have the interlock pin adjusted (the body worked fine with my backs that I had purchased new).
    Last edited by wiltw; 03-04-2013 at 07:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    You have to either have film loaded or set the ME lever to fire the shutter. That's covered in the manual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin