Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,909   Posts: 1,584,656   Online: 837

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the interlocks are working properly, a lens cannot be mounted to a body unless both are cocked.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Kansas View Post
    I think they can lock up if you mount a lens that is not cocked with the body is cocked or something like that. Any chance you did something like that? The same think can happen to Hasselblad, or so I've read. I don't know how you solve that problem if it happens, however. It hasn't happened to me - yet.

And be sure your new battery is actually a good new battery. I recently had battery problems with my Mamiya and discovered my new batteries were old inventory and were dead when purchased.

Dave
    I dry fired it several times before the problem occurred, it had a good battery but went and bought another one in hope. Thanks for suggestions.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    If the interlocks are working properly, a lens cannot be mounted to a body unless both are cocked.
    Now the lens is not cocked and can not remove it, I can move the mirror slightly but its clear that its hung. I fear forcing it will do more damage
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Remove the back and see if you can then get the body to wind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Remove the back and see if you can then get the body to wind.
    Still locked but thanks for suggestion.

David
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hold the body firmly and rotate the lens back and forth by the ribbed collar (the one that says Seiko) there will be a bit of play in there.

Sounds like the the pins in the lens are starting to stick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check the contacts in the battery compartment. Make sure they are clean and that they are making solid contact.
    Last edited by lxdude; 03-05-2013 at 11:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm - the SQ-A will fire (at fastest shutter speed) without a battery so I'd be disinclined to suspect the battery.

The camera can normally be cocked and fired with no back installed by turning on the multi-exposure (turn lever horizontal) and cranking. Of course if it's now in some in-between state I suppose all bets are off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    Hold the body firmly and rotate the lens back and forth by the ribbed collar (the one that says Seiko) there will be a bit of play in there.

Sounds like the the pins in the lens are starting to stick.
    Thanks for the help, but lens has just a tiny bit of wiggle room. Every time I walk by I pick it up and will keep trying. Please keep suggestion's coming.

David
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Hmm - the SQ-A will fire (at fastest shutter speed) without a battery so I'd be disinclined to suspect the battery.

The camera can normally be cocked and fired with no back installed by turning on the multi-exposure (turn lever horizontal) and cranking. Of course if it's now in some in-between state I suppose all bets are off.
    I believe that's the condition the camera is in. Its almost time to break open the tool kit. Right now still concerned about doing more damage. Please keep the suggestions coming. Thanks for your input.

David
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin