Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,949   Posts: 1,585,930   Online: 1019

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fuji GF670 Wide - Where to Buy?

Does anyone out there know where one can purchase the Fuji GF670W (the wide version) medium format rangefinder? I own the regular Fuji GF670 and I absolutely love it. In fact, the more and more I use it the more I appreciate it. The metering is perfect, the rendering lovely, and being able to shoot those nice big 6x7 negatives in a modern camera is pretty amazing. It’s really become my go to camera the last couple of years.

I’m fully aware I can buy the Bessa III W from a variety of sources including Camera Quest but I’d rather have the Fuji version. I don’t even mind the premium cost of the Bessa version, but I want my camera to match the Fuji I already have so aesthetically they can be a pair. It’s kind of silly I know, but there you have it. The cheaper cost of the Fuji version would be nice too…but ultimately I like the idea of having them look the same. Plus I just like to two-tone of the Fuji better overall. It’s more classic “rangefinder” like.

I bought my Fuji GF670 brand new from Adorama but they don’t seem to carry the Fuji version of the GF670 Wide. B&H doesn’t seem to carry it either. Am I going to have to import it? I certainly hope not…

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arealitystudios View Post
    Am I going to have to import it?
    Yes. Fuji itself is not importing it to the US.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Yes. Fuji itself is not importing it to the US.
    That is a serious bummer. I wonder why they made the decision to import one and not the other?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are readily available in Tokyo, although finding a vendor who will ship to you might take a bit of work.
    Yodobashi lists it at 232,800 and Fujiya has it for 209,800.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Large Format
    Here is a thought. Why don't you buy the Bessa version of both cameras? That way you have the matching black set and a GF670 in backup. I have a feeling that these cameras will be the last MF folders ever made and probably sought after like the Plaubel. I have to confess that is what I did!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For the Fuji version, you may need to import from Japan. Maybe try BH Video. www.cameraquest.com carries the Bessa III version. There's one more NYC photo store that - PhotoVillage.

Good luck
    Vick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by revdocjim View Post
    They are readily available in Tokyo, although finding a vendor who will ship to you might take a bit of work.
    Actually, finding such a vendor may not take much work >> japancamerahunter.com. That's Bellamy's whole business model. I've not dealt with him, but he has been mentioned on RFF etc.
    --Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The GF670W is all over here in China. 19,800 Yuan takes her home.

I've seen them in the stores for years. No one seems to buy them at these prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    The GF670W is all over here in China. 19,800 Yuan takes her home.

I've seen them in the stores for years. No one seems to buy them at these prices.
    Oh man, there is possibly a reason why considering the price range these camera commands. But then I guess quality has it's price

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Argenticien View Post
    Actually, finding such a vendor may not take much work >> japancamerahunter.com. That's Bellamy's whole business model. I've not dealt with him, but he has been mentioned on RFF etc.
    --Dave
    I've dealt with him, great guy. Real fast and good service, knows is stuff too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin