Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,359   Online: 1074

Shooter
    Medium Format

ASA setting in Rollei's?

Hey guys,

The ASA setting knob bench mark the correct light neededfor correct metering.. correct? the knob has no other function?

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ASA dial on a Rolleiflex (without a meter. I don't know about metered Rollei's) is a reminder only. It has no effect on the operation of the camera.
    Last edited by Whiteymorange; 03-05-2013 at 06:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With a coupled meter it changes the "coupling" of aperture and shutter time.
    It also has a correction for filter use (at least in the 2.8F, don't know about other models).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which model Rollei do you have ToddB.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a T and 3.5f. The meter on the T is really funky. The 3.5f makes seance. So on the 3.5f doesn't have correct Asa with film inside, it theorically possible to screw up a roll when developing.
    ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hey guys,

The ASA setting knob bench mark the correct light neededfor correct metering.. correct? the knob has no other function?

ToddB
    on my 2.8 E the asa setting wheel tells the light meter what speed of film the camera has in it so when I use the meter it tells me the correct setting for the camera. The meter isn't mechanically linked to the camera, I take the EV number off the meter and set it on the camera.

The needle on the meter isn't changed by changing the asa, but changing the asa shifts the little rings on the meter that tell you what EV to use when you match the needle up with the pointer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin