Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,619   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Brand new battery. Made sure the + was face down in battery compartment. I will remove the back tonight, set the LOT lever to L, remove back, then set to O. I will put the battery in after taking the back off. and see what happens.

Thanks for all the advice!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Camera is working after inserting battery and removing back. Now lens is stuck on.

Thanks for all the help.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the battery compartment is a semi delay fuse (1.6A T), check it is good. Put in a charged battery and with both controls set to 'O' the camera should work perfectly well with lanes and mag detached.

Douglas Fairbank
    www.classicv.co.uk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the battery compartment is a semi delay fuse (1.6A T), check it is good. Put in a charged battery and with both controls set to 'O' the camera should work perfectly well with lens and mag detached.

Douglas Fairbank
    www.classicv.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No rhyme or reason to those EL's sometimes. Mine occasionally does something like you are describing... (I do think it is related to low power... I still have a feeble NiCad).
    I start flipping the switch at will and pressing the shutter, and I seem to always get a combination to make it cycle. Mine is on the shelf now, meaning to do a 9v conversion. Right now people are amused with my "hand crank" 500cm I use a lot in studio with a LeafAptus back and occasionally some B+W in the old A-12.
    This link shows how.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefankonath/2657209443/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The battery compartment lid on the EL models might get a "curve" to them over time. My EL/M got this and when i´m using two batteries i have to press hard with my left thumb on the cover in order to achieve proper contact. Removing one battery resolves the problem as the pressure on the lid isn´t that great with one battery.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    No rhyme or reason to those EL's sometimes. Mine occasionally does something like you are describing...
    I constantly read at Apug about unreliable East-European MF cameras one better not take for a commercial job.

Now here is a camera of a make hailed for its usefullness for such Jobs and now I read this....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Is the shutter fired (can you see through the lens)?

--Darin
    Darin Boville

www.darinboville.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I constantly read at Apug about unreliable East-European MF cameras one better not take for a commercial job.

Now here is a camera of a make hailed for its usefullness for such Jobs and now I read this....
    Keep in mind that some of these cameras are 40+ years old and have seen more service than what is to be expected of their modern digital counterparts. They have already overdelivered and then some. A few kinks every now and then should be acceptable :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Richard View Post
    Keep in mind that some of these cameras are 40+ years old and have seen more service than what is to be expected of their modern digital counterparts. They have already overdelivered and then some. A few kinks every now and then should be acceptable :-)
    Exactly what I was gonna say. An EL was more than likely used in a high volume biz of some sort like catalog etc.
    Some of these can be quite ragged by now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin