Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,590   Posts: 1,545,943   Online: 1211

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad 500 EL Problem

Hi,
    I just got a Hasselblad 500 El. Before I had a battery or lens I was trying to see if it would do anything when pressing the shutter release button, and when I set the selectot to SR. When I hit the shutter release, the mirror went up and the rear curtain went up. They are still up, and I have gotten a 9v adapter battery kit and installed. I set the selector to O and the camera just clicks and the mirror is still up and curtain also. I still dont have a lens yet. Do I need a lens for the mirror and curtain to come down? I got the camera on Ebay and just want to know if im missing something, or is something wrong.

Thanks for any advice

David

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You don't need a lens to dry fire the EL.
    You may need to remove the dark slide, if the magazine is attached.
    Also is the magazine reset properly? A magazine past 12 will stop the body from firing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Dark slide is in and magazine is attached, I believe the counter is on 1 or 2. There is no winding of the counter to the next number. Just hear a click in the front of the camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is normal that the camera will stay in released mode when it is fired without a battery inserted. It should return to a normal state immediately as soon as a fresh battery is put in. What do you mean by saying that it is clicking? Is the motor working? If the motor does not at least make a buzzing sound then I would assume the battery adapter does not work. Have you also put the LOT lever on O? If it is set to L the camera is locked and won´t operate. Oh and take the dark slide out!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the LOT lever on O. If the dark slide is in should the motor still wind?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    looks like the camera is on mirror lock mode.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I changed the selector back to O and then put the battery in. Still no winding or anything. I havent tried pulling the dark slide out yet, I can try that tonight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Another question: If the darkslide is still in, can you de-attach the magazine? That would make things easier.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes I can try just removing the whole magazine tonight and give that a try. I hope thais works, or else there might be something wrong.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If the dark slide is still in you should have no problem taking the magazine off. If it does not work, do not force it either! To be safe, put the LOT-Lever to L before you remove it. After the camera is "naked" put both the LOT lever and the mode dial to "O". It should work than. Otherwise the battery is empty, the adapter is faulty or the camera is broken. I doubt the latter. The motor should at least start buzzing as soon as there is some power source.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin