Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,928   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a third way - with the lens pointing up.
    Matt.. I extended the bellows, and tried it, but uncomfortable, afraid I'll injure the bellows.
    Is there some other trick, that I'm not using, in getting the angle of the dangle correct, while making the camera steady, and then pushing and flattening the black plastic lock in, while not pushing it off the 'nub'.
    I'm not usually all thumbs, but in this case, it seems I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree that it is finicky.

I found it necessary to make a few different slight adjustments to the positioning of the connector on the strap before I was able to get it so that black plastic part would lock in.

IIRC, the right side one was easier than the left.

Have you seen the illustrations on page 31 of the Pro-S manual showing the three options?

When I use mine with lens up, I always retract the bellows first.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peter k. View Post
    Thanks Athril, didn't know about the Q strap... that looks more realistic.. for this camera.. and it seems you can get a plate that still allows a monopod or tripod...
    It's a $12 version of the Black Rapid R-Strap Usually for dSLRs and big lenses, but I find it's fantastic, hang my RB67 upside down next to my hip, very good, just ocassionally the WLF will pop open with a jolt etc.

If I want to run, I can, just slip my hand under the WLF top and grasp the camera and go. It's quite fast to get into shooting position.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peter k. View Post
    Hmmm... so your walking along, holding the camera by the monopod?
    You must be grasping it right near the camera... you do this for landscape shots, where there is foliage ect... with such a 'brick'.. I dunna know...
    Are you carrying it upside down??
    I've used a monopods on other camera's, including my speed graphic, but once the shot, or shots, were taken, disconnected before discovering 'next' location.
    Yep just leave it right on the monopod. Yep foliage, and scrambles up rocks and cliffs, at the beach...

Sometimes the camera sits on my shoulder, sometimes hold it close to the camera, sometimes upside down, sometimes as a walking stick; whatever is easiest and comfy at the moment.

I do the same with my Toyo 45A on a tripod.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't try to abuse my cameras and I make darn sure the quick release is properly locked so they won't fall off the pod, I run the focus back to protect the bellows when needed too, but they are just tools.

The RB was built to be used hard and used a lot. Sure, there are a lot of cameras that are toys or collectors items that may need coddling, the RB is not normally one of them.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This was originally posted by the user fmajor in my RB thread. I'm reposting here because it seemed like good advice

To help with carrying my RB67 Pro-S while traveling/etc, I bought a Tamrac N-45 padded suede leather camera strap from BH Photo.

I modded the "original" Mamiya RB67 strap cutting off the attachment clips with all the nylon strap up to the wider "neck-strap" part and sewed them on to the ends of my new Tamrac N-45.

What I now have is an awesome non-slip, padded, suede leather camera strap that I can wear completely over my head/shoulder so the camera rests against my hip. When I'm ready to photo something, I simply rotate the camera around in front of me. Carried this way the WLF is at navel-height for perfect viewing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well the computer would not turn on this morning, so its off to the doc's, and I'm now borrowing my wifes. Thanks all for your replies.

Matt.. will have to download the Pro-S version as my manual only shows the old orginal strap on page 16.. tanks for the reference.
    Athiril.. thanks for more info, I e-mailed Q STRAP.. for some more info.. thanks again..
    Mark.. the monopod I have now is very simple, and would not trust the weight of the RB on it in the manner your using it, will look into upgrading.
    Edcculus..sounds what you made was much like the Q STRAP Athiril is refering to... like the concept.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ahh computer problems. Formatting and reinstalling everything on one right now.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin