Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,972   Online: 896

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

RB67 with OP/Tech strap, what am I doing wrong...

Looking on the web, everybody is in love with these straps.. so I must be doing something wrong...
    There is only two ways it will go on.. up off the camera, or going in the same direction of the camera. It will not swivel.
    Taking off the view finder I can put it on, in the up direction, but it hangs very awkward. Off balance, rear end heavy. (Have 90mm lens) ect ect.. Uncomfortable. On the shoulder, the lens is facing at an angle up ect.

Trying the other way, there is no way it seems that I can get the black insert to 'slide' in, and lock it, with the strap put on in same direction of the camera. But with this set up it 'rides' better, but the connectors are not locked in.

Frustrated.. give me a clue... thanks..
    (yes I have the B clips)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well.... since the camera itself wasn't really designed to be a portable system, it will be kind of weird. Let me take a photo of mine since I have the same camera and the strap.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here... does this help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rbstrap.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, you got urs up...
    ...camera itself wasn't really designed to be a portable system, it will be kind of weird.
    yeah.. but it is such a well engineered camera, love it, yet... there's got to be a better way to carry it, perhaps in a camera bag over the shoulder, and just set up the strap as a 'handle' to pull it out and carry it, and then shoot with it on a tripod or hand held.
    Was wishing to sling it on the shoulder, but with the strap up.. its to awkward.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got a left handle bracket for it and I usually carry it by grasping the handle, not by the strap. It makes it heavier but it's a lot less awkward. It's like a giant 35mm type handling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a third way - with the lens pointing up.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My favorite way to carry the RB is on a monopod.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My favourite atm is the Q Strap. Connects to the base plate of the camera, excellent for my RB set up.. I want to get the dual version for another camera on the other side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...on a monopod
    Hmmm... so your walking along, holding the camera by the monopod?
    You must be grasping it right near the camera... you do this for landscape shots, where there is foliage ect... with such a 'brick'.. I dunna know...
    Are you carrying it upside down??
    I've used a monopods on other camera's, including my speed graphic, but once the shot, or shots, were taken, disconnected before discovering 'next' location.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Athril, didn't know about the Q strap... that looks more realistic.. for this camera.. and it seems you can get a plate that still allows a monopod or tripod...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin