Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,763   Posts: 1,516,196   Online: 1008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RB67 help...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I did what you described in terms of removing the darkslide and turning off the interlock. The mirror fails to move even with no lens. In the lens the pins never stay on the red dots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera is confused. The interlocks are engaged in some way that makes it think one or more of the following:

1) The dark slide is in the way;
    2) The film hasn't been wound;
    3) The revolving back is somewhere intermediate - neither fully horizontal nor fully vertical; or
    4) The lens isn't cocked.

Any of the above circumstances will prevent you from releasing the shutter.

Double check the rotating back - even if it is just a couple of degrees off of clicking into place it will prevent shutter release.

Is the "Mirror Up" function engaged on the lens? That might confuse things.

Have you read through the "Special Pointers" on page 39 of the manual?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks everyone. Some aditional info. When I took not the back off but the ring that connects the film back to the body it started working like a champ. So it appears there is something about that ring that is blocking it. Could that be the RB out of alignment??? Is there some interlock on that ring itself?? Could the ring be defective?? Do I need film in there if that ring is on? Could there be soething broken in the body where it connects to the ring? At least I know roughtly where the issue is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The revolving adapter has it's own set of interlocks, and helps connect the interlocks on the camera to the back.

So yes, if the revolving adapter is not working properly with the body or the back, it can cause problems.

I have had a situation in the past where I had a problem with a revolving adapter that I was able to isolate because I was able to swap it out with another. I'm guessing that isn't your situation.

Is there any chance that the revolving adapter wasn't mounted properly in the first place? Try separating it from both the camera and the back and then reassemble it adapter to the body, and then back to the adapter.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Tnx...actually I removed and reattached the adapter several times. That's how I isolated the issue to the adapter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KEH is really good about replacing bad components. Just give the store a call and they'll arrange for an exchange.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, they're closed today but I'll call them on Monday if I can't get this sorted over the weekend.

I did try to take notice of what happens when I press the shutter...there is a little plunger that goes out the back and my guess is it's getting blocked by something in the back and can't go back far enough to fire..take the back off there is nothing blocking it..

Shooter
    Medium Format

Darkslide interface

I pulled the rotating adapter off my ProS and noticed that at the lower right corner (when facing the back of the camera) my rotating adapter has a floating pin (that I think engages the pin that you referred to on your camera that sticks out when the camera works).

On the handle of the dark slide, there are two pieces of metal that wrap around the handle and engage a tiny lever mechanism. If I push the dark slide in, the metal on the dark slide pushed the tiny lever in and the floating pin will not push in. When I pull the dark slide out slightly, the tiny lever mechanism is spring loaded and follows the metal piece on the dark slide out, allowing the pin to push into the rotating adapter. I think the spring loaded tiny mechanism on your rotating adapter is not moving out of the way of the floating pin, which in turn is not allowing the camera to fire.

Good luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upper-right.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	774.5 KB 
ID:	65473Here is a picture of the part that faces the upper right side. This is where the problem may be but I"m not sure. I checked the floating pin (thk for the tip) and it seems to be moving freely so that doesn't appear to be an issue. That leads me to the corner pictured where there appears to be something that is moved when the darkslide goes in and out but also a big silver piece that I wonder if it's supposed to move.

Matt...I actually found the thread from 2 years ago when you ran into this exact same situation and it sounds like in your case it was defective. Again, if I can't figure it out by when KeH opens Monday I'll call them.

One other thought...if the interlock is confused would it help unconfuse it by loading film? I do have the double exposure interlock turned so the red dot appears (disabling it) as was suggested earlier.

Thanks again everyone.
    Last edited by cepwin; 03-09-2013 at 11:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have a spare roll of film (or even a spool and some backing paper) it cannot hurt to try loading the back.
    Matt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin