Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,216   Online: 843

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RB67 help...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

RB67 help...

I just got an RB67 in from KEH. I've looked on the internet, looked at the manual and the shutter cocking lever will not bring the mirror up. It seems to only move a slight amount, not fully down as it should be. The mirror does not go up. I've tried it with the back and lens on, I"ve tried it with them off. What am I doing wrong???? Is there something that locks up the mirror???

Thank you in advance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you sure you are pushing the lever all the way?

This happens to me when I inadvertently allow the neck strap to stop the lever from travelling the entire distance.

The shutter cocking/film winding lever requires a firm, assertive push - just pretend you are Annie Leibovitz .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I push it a short distance and then it seems to stop. I"m afraid to keep pushing for fear I'll break something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepwin View Post
    I push it a short distance and then it seems to stop. I"m afraid to keep pushing for fear I'll break something.
    There are a couple of possibilities.

First, double check that there isn't something like a neck-strap blocking its further travel.

If that isn't the problem, it may be that the camera thinks that the film has already been wound and the shutter cocked. That means that there is a problem with the interlocks.

Is the dark slide still in the film back?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've tried it checking that the darkslide was out and even removed the film back so there was no darkslide.. There is no neck strap on the unit nor does there appear to be anything blocking it that I can see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wait a second! Cocking lever is supposed to bring the mirror DOWN. If it's already down, the lever will move only a very little.

When you fire the shutter, the mirror will go UP.

Do this. Make sure the dark slide is out. There is a little lever by the film winding lever. Move it so that a red dot shows up. Align the dot on the shutter release with white dot.
    Push the shutter.

Did the mirror go UP?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nothing. When I put in a shutter release I hear something click but the mirror never moves. Can a mirror be locked down???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Couple of things. Which RB is it exactly? RB? RB Pro-S? Pro-SD?
    Which back is it exactly? RB, Pro-S? Pro-SD?
    Is the rotating back in the right position? Either vertical or horizontal, not half way between?
    The dark slide is OUT, right?
    Where is the lever right under the winding lever?? Red dot showing or not?
    You have the lens OFF?
    Your back is on or off?
    The mirror is all the way DOWN?

I'm having difficulty determining what you have right now and where everything is.

There is no such thing as mirror lock but there is an Interlock if you have Pro-S or later.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It is the Pro-S.

I've tried it with the back and lens off. I've tried it with the red dot showing and not. The mirror appears to be all the way down. No matter what I try the mirror doesn't budge.

I just tried it with the film back and lens on. Red dot by film winding lever showing. Dark slide out. shutter button on white dot. Not only does the mirror not go up but also it doesn't make the shutter release. It's almost like the shutter is disengaged??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you have film in the back?

I actually just got a RB67 in the mail from KEH yesterday and kind of went through the same thing playing around with it. I didn't have film in.

Make sure the shutter is cocked in the lens and the mirror is cocked in the body when installing the lens. To cock the shutter, turn the pins all the way to the red dots.

IF you have a Pro S - If there is no film in with the back on, remove the darkslide so the triangle appears. By the film advance knob, you will see a little lever. It disables the double exposure interlock. Move it up so a red dot appears. You will now be able to fire the camera and recock the shutter.

hope this helps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin