Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,573   Online: 801

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for your input everyone. It looks like it will probably be the M7 for me, at least for now! I go everywhere by foot/bike/public transportation both at home and when I travel, so weight and portability is the biggest factor, and it looks like it wins hands down. I do like the range of lenses and close up focusing of the Pentax, but it's not critical to my shooting, and I have other systems that can do that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Just curious. Is the Pentax 67ll that much lighter than the Pentax 6x7?
    Only slightly lighter, but I've heard people say the ergonomics are much improved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you say you want something that comes as a system, I'm wondering what constitutes a system for you. Both are systems, but the Pentax has more options in the way of lenses, viewfinders, grip, focus lever etc.
    As others say, the Pentax is not really designed for handheld work even though the ver.II is quite a bit lighter.

The Mamiya, on the other hand, is perfect for hand held work.

If you just want 6x7 and don't need interchangeable lenses I would concur with TimVance about the Fuji GF670. It is fabulous and incredibly compact and portable.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I myself, also started out with the mamiya 7 kit. And although I absolutely loved the camera and it's razor-sharp glass, there were just too many drawbacks for the kind of shooting i do regularly. For instance the 80mm opening to only a 4, and the minimum focus being more than 3 feet. For the portraits and street work I enjoy doing, it just didnt work for me. I sold that camera system after testing out a pentax 6x7 and falling completely in love with it. Although I do miss my mamiya camera quite a bit (for mainly nostalgic reasons, and because my back now hates me after lugging the pentax everywhere) I still know that the pentax is my perfect camera system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin