Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,869   Online: 1119

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format

Clunk

I love my RB67. There is that satisfying clunk when the image is in the bag. The logic of levers and slides.

I always say that years ago I was never able to afford a professional camera - thanks to digital I now have quite a system.

Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement knob for the focus?

Russ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glad things are working out! I took my RB out for its first spin on Saturday too. I carried it around in a camera bag, and took it out when we stopped at different places in the park. It was a little awkward and will not be my carry around camera, but the experience was not bad. I hand held the entire time. It was a sunny day and I was able to keep up shutter speeds. I am going to have to figure out a strap if I'm going to carry it around the streets etc.

Its actually my first MF camera. I developed the roll last night, and all I can say is WOW! I'm in LOVE with how big this negative is compared to 35mm. I can only imagine a LF negative!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is how I had mine set up when using it hand held. What a beast though!
    If your's is the Professional SD model Mamiya will still service it at a reasonable rate. But if its an older model servicing can be more difficult.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc04503.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	65602
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Glad everyone loves thier RB67s.. I won't shoot anyting else these days.. I'm in love with my huge negatives. I like hand holding mine n have no trouble.. it is jsut a matter of getting the hang of it. I do use an ETRS for street shooting but even then I still prefer the wonderful 6x7s of the RB.. still no comparrison in details n tonality.

I also repair RBs for many years, but only the mechanical RBs (no RZs) n work on all the older lenses (No K or newer series).

That hand grip looks really nice.. never had one, that can be a real asset.. does it hurt your wrist after carryig it for awhile? I tend to hang my camera on the neck strap over my head n a shoulder. That takes the weight off it so it virtually is suspended just at the right level when using a chimney or WLF. When using the prism I have to support it but still not a problem after working with this beast for many years.. your arm tends to get stronger with experiance... still a balancing act of a sort to take the weight off it.

Enjoy your new toys!
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used the neck strap when carrying it around, but to be honest, if I want to shoot handheld 6x7 I am far more likely to use the Bronica GS-1. It's lighter and more intuitive with the right hand speed grip and traditional focus ring on the lens barrel. And more recently I've totally fallen in love with the Fuji GF670 even though it has a fixed lens. It is extremely light and compact, and designed to be a walk around. The 6x7 SLRs are at their best on a tripod. But don't let me pour water on the RB flame. It's a great camera that has one of the biggest, clearest and brightest finders around. And I absolutely loved the all mechanical design! I hope you enjoy yours!
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks everyone. I developed the negatives last night and there was some oddity was the images seemed to cut off at the start and end with a gap. I also messed my and only put 450ml of fixer rather than 500ml which I think caused a dark band on the top of the images. Here are two images and a picture of the negatives so you can see what I mean. My guess is I didn't load it quite right. Still the images are incredibly sharp...love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails firstrb67-1.jpg   firstrb67-2.jpg   2013-03-12 17.41.19.jpg   2013-03-12 17.41.25.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Re the start:

Did you line up the start mark on the paper backing with the start arrow on the insert?

Re: the dark band at the top:

If indeed it is a problem with fix not reaching part of the negative, you can re-fix and re-wash them.

And it is okay to do it in the light.

And I agree about the negatives!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should check the capacity of your tank with a reel in place. Just add water and the empty reel, adding just enough water to cover the top of the reel and then measure how much water you used. In all of my tanks 450ml is sufficient.
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    That hand grip looks really nice.. never had one, that can be a real asset.. does it hurt your wrist after carryig it for awhile? I tend to hang my camera on the neck strap over my head n a shoulder. That takes the weight off it so it virtually is suspended just at the right level when using a chimney or WLF.
    I have that same adjustable grip as revdoc shows in his post above on my RZ. The thing is all metal so it can add weight to the already massive kit. It is adjustable so it has a setting for a prism and another if you're shooting with a waist level or chimney finder etc.

I'm sure it would eventually give you a cramp but it really helps making the camera manageable with the metered prism. The meter is awesomely accurate and versatile for street shooting so to me its an essential part of the rig.

They are a bit hard to come by so if anyone is looking, make sure the bottom plate is included. This plate is magnetic and is essential for mounting and gets misplaced. I've seen several with this piece missing on that lovely auction site and the sellers usually dont even know it's needed or existed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cep,
    see how your negs have that slight pink/magentaish hue to them?
    That's a sure sign that you haven't quite fixed the film completely.
    Delta or Tmax films require due diligence when fixing and generally will exhaust your fixer quicker than with not tabular grain films.
    Not saying your fixer is exhausted just you probably could use some longer fixing times.

The odd striping is stumping me but hopefully that issue will sort itself out when you have perfected your film loading technique and get your solution levels correct when processing.

Have a blast and it will be tough to ever accept 35mm again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin