Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,399   Online: 1008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Took the RB67 out for a spin...

Thanks to everyone's help yesterday I was able to run a roll of film through the RB67. I took it for a spin around my neighborhood. Got comments (cool camera) from the two neighbors I encountered I guess everyday they donn't see someone walking around with a six pound camera I'll post when I've developed the roll. I'm not sure if the multiple exposure interlock is working 100%..will have to test that more

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looking forward to pics.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my RB67. I have to use a tripod. I have small hands for a guy.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just developed a roll today from mine...
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yay!

Just something to think about. If something ISN'T working well and you let the warranty period pass, repair on your dime will be VERY expensive. Potentially (and easily) way more than what you paid for the setup. Test well and send it back if it's not right....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I love my RB67. I have to use a tripod. I have small hands for a guy.

Jeff
    +1 I just can't use it handheld. It's one heckuva camera on a tripod.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you all for your responses! Yes, that's why I'm testing it..to verify that it works before the 14 day no questions asked. I did fix the issue I think with the stuck pin (which I worked around to use today) A little lighter fluid and it seems to have worked free (I fixed a similar stuck mechanism (in this case the shutter) with my Graflex.) I am giving time to dry and then I'll reassemble and verify that it worked. Meanwhile I'm going to try to make time to develop the roll tomorrow. I was handheld so we'll see if the pix are clear. It does seem to be a tripod oriented camera although even with my very small hands (I'm a 4'6" female) I didn't feel I was having any problems handing it. The trickiest bit is the lens I have (65mm wide angle) has an odd ring for the DoF setting. I did order a strap and lens cover so I feel able to then actually take it somewhere (I have a few ideas around town.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What kind of lens do you have?

If you have a "C" lens, that DOF thingy doesn't do anything. It's just for you to look at, and visually see what the DOF is. It does not change anything in lens what-so-ever. If you have a K/L lens, that's a floating element adjustment. You'd rotate it to match the distance for optimum performance.

I have a small hands also. Although it makes it heavier, I find left hand bracket really helps.

Good luck with your new camera.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you!
    I'd have to double check if it's K/L or C...it's one they list to sell with the RB67. It's 65mm f4.5 and a wide angle lens.
    I didn't know a left hand bracket was available...I'll have to look into it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The left hand bracket is what the wedding shooters would use when they shot weddings with RB67s.

The most basic model also works with the Mamiya C330 TLR.

The trigger release on the bracket makes for very effective hand-held use, although I would say that you need a neck strap as well.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin