Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,029   Online: 1004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got one of these from a thrift store. It doesn't use batteries. It uses a selenium cell. The accuracy can be dodge though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-SEKO...item35c54316ae
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I think for now I'll download a couple of apps and see how well they work. I have an Android phone, so Luxi is out for me, but oh well. I will eventually get another Sekonic. I was very pleased with the results I got from the meter I had. It's very strange to me that it just stopped working one day, but I suppose that's how it goes. This break from taking a meter to most locations will give me a chance to work on my mental light meter. Thanks again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I found out this strategy by chance: When I was looking for the best price for a Sekonic L-758 from a reputable dealer, I was also searching amazon.com.

After several days/weeks of searching amazon, they sent me a $50 off discount! And that's when nobody was discounting the L-758. Yes, I bought it.

Letting amazon know (indirectly) what you are looking for worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will 2nd the L-208, my wife got me one for last Christmas, it is just as accurate as my older L-428. The body is plastic so not as robust but with care should give good service. Others may know more.

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a fairly extensive collection of light meters, but the one that always gets used in the Ikophot. No battery, very accurate, small and simple to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am rather content with my little Gossen Digisix. It gives incident and 30 deg. reflected metering.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    shoot they took my idea... I've been researching this damn thing ... grrr.... I was going to come out with this!!!
    Funny part is a local photog had this idea bout 2 years ago, had the cad drawings and tooling set up, AND has a patent on this same idea. But couldn't go through with it due to an illness. I think I should let him know about this project, he could use the money after suing for patent infringement.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggins View Post
    I have a fairly extensive collection of light meters, but the one that always gets used in the Ikophot. No battery, very accurate, small and simple to use.
    Me, too. I use the Ikophot T, which takes the common 9-volt battery that lasts a long, long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin