Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,950   Posts: 1,557,901   Online: 905

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey folks! Albeit late, I just wanted to thank everybody for their input. As some suggested, I kept my eyes peeled on the classified section here and got a great deal from a fellow APUG member a few weeks ago. Here's the new addition!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo May 23, 6 41 52 PM.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	703.1 KB 
ID:	70125

I saved the box, haha.

Name:	Photo May 23, 6 46 47 PM.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	756.4 KB 
ID:	70126

Three lenses, two 120 backs, one 6x7 back, a polaroid back, winder, body & WLF.

Name:	Photo May 28, 8 26 43 PM.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	563.2 KB 
ID:	70127 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo May 30, 7 54 30 PM.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	657.0 KB 
ID:	70128

^Pardon the iPhone photos. And a silly shot,

Name:	Photo May 31, 4 45 52 PM.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	801.8 KB 
ID:	70129

It's an exciting time for me! I unearthed all my darkroom stuff from the garage. About 1/3rd of everything,

Name:	Photo May 08, 3 22 53 PM.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	811.0 KB 
ID:	70130 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo May 08, 5 42 58 PM.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	582.1 KB 
ID:	70131

So, thanks again and I'm hoping to contribute to the gallery soon enough!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Enjoy!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow!! Awesome set up. Now go out and shoot some photos like a real professional photographer with a real camera.

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey folks, I won't pretend to be an expert on DOF. However, aside from its quickness, what's the hubbub all about regarding the 110/2.8? The 'portrait' lens? I ask because I have an RZ 90, and RB 65/180mm lenses. The 90 is 3.5 and I wonder how much more control the 2.8 gives me as I seem to get decent enough depth at 3.5. The 110/2.8 isn't cheap - trying to figure it out!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gus. View Post
    Hey folks, I won't pretend to be an expert on DOF. However, aside from its quickness, what's the hubbub all about regarding the 110/2.8? The 'portrait' lens? I ask because I have an RZ 90, and RB 65/180mm lenses. The 90 is 3.5 and I wonder how much more control the 2.8 gives me as I seem to get decent enough depth at 3.5. The 110/2.8 isn't cheap - trying to figure it out!
    The extra 2/3 stop makes a definite difference when composing and focusing. The lens is relatively compact, very sharp, and a focal length that appeals to many people.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, Gus. Nice setup. Welcome back to film.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Like Matt says.

I used to own an RZ and the 50mm ULD, the 110mm, and the 180mm. The 110 was my favorite.

The first time I shot it I took some group family portraits of my wife, our daughter, her son and daughter-in-law, and new granddaughter. These were waist and up seated group shots with different ones holding the baby so no one individual was that large in the photos. My wife complained that you could see every pore and wrinkle in her skin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats on the new gear!! Good choice on the RZ too, thing is built like a tank and I can't wait to see the shots you get from it. As far as the 110 f/2.8, I own one and it's my favorite lens out of any lens I own. I highly recommend buying it. Between that and the 50mm ULD I don't want anything else!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gus. View Post
    I had both of them. Take both of them to make some portrait shots and you will know why people like 110mm/2.8 better, distortion, view angle, etc... After that I sold my 90mm/3.5. Btw the 90mm is bigger, it's as big as 50mm f/4.5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    NICE. Congrats and welcome to the MF party ! Two suggestions: I'd recommend a good cable release and a ball head on a sturdier tripod. I couldn't see the film mags you scored, but you can probably find some used 6x9 mags to work on that back AND a polaroid back that'll do Fuji color pak film.

A good portrait lens for that body is a 150mm. And for landscapes, etc., a 50mm Distagon. Keep checking around. Those used lenses abound these days. Oh, and I like B&H prices on film.
    Have lotsa fun.
    Mark

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin