Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,786   Online: 859

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ercona Lens Options

Would someone please tell me what the lens options are for the Ercona and Ercona II? Were they available with Tessars (or Tessar clones), or just with Novars?

Thanks,

Charles

Hi Charles,

According to the catalogue "Riche Auswahl" (publication number III/18 211.Lt.1883/55), the Ercona, 6 X 9 folding camera (with mask for 6 X 6), was offered with these options:

110mm/4.5 Novonar, in everset-type Priomat or Junior shutter;

110mm/4.5 Novonar, in Tempor shutter;

105mm/3.5 Yessar, in Tempor shutter.

Hope it is of some help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Seele
    Hi Charles,

According to the catalogue "Riche Auswahl" (publication number III/18 211.Lt.1883/55), the Ercona, 6 X 9 folding camera (with mask for 6 X 6), was offered with these options:

110mm/4.5 Novonar, in everset-type Priomat or Junior shutter;

110mm/4.5 Novonar, in Tempor shutter;

105mm/3.5 Yessar, in Tempor shutter.

Hope it is of some help.
    Thanks very much, Seele. I'm going to guess that a Novonar corresponds with a Novar and that a Yessar corresponds to a Tessar.

Charles,

My typo: I meant a "Tessar" indeed, as Carl Zeiss Jena still retained the rights to the Tessar name at the time. Novonar was indeed a re-badged Novar and should be considered indentical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Seele. I've been watching eBay for an Ercona 2 with Tessar, but haven't seen any, so I wondered. I may just go ahead and get a Moskva 5.

Charles,

The Ercona is pretty much a post-war Ikonta 6X9 of immediate pre-war design under a different name, when Zeiss Ikon Dresden found itself on the wrong side of the political railroad track, it might be easier to find a more common Ikonta perhaps?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin