Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,581   Online: 974

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure where you are in NS but Camera Repair in Halifax is still in business. I've never used them so can't say anything about them other than they've been there a long time. Might be worth a call.

Camera Repair Centre Ltd
    2324 Hunter St, Halifax, NS B3K 4V6
    902-423-6450

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Fast,

I just asked the system to calculate shipping to Winnipeg and it said $60 too. Did you get a salesperson to figure out shipping manually somehow?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks George, I already tried them and it doesn't look like they can do the repair. they suggested buying another back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nwilkins View Post
    my back has on occasion produced a mysterious flare-like image, sometimes fails to start counting frames when closed up, and is also somehow scratching the emulsion near the top edge of the film.

since I started having problems in the last month or so I have been watching keh, adorama, b and h and even ebay and it seems like RB 120 backs have basically disappeared, and when they do appear they are going for a crazy price.

Flare - likely one of the tiny screws in the tiny holes is missing - gaffa tape fixes that, check which by opening back and holding against light where the screws are.

Or seals are gone - easy diy fix with some black foam and the right glue and stanley knife.

In regards to frame counting - yes that's a bitch, open the back as if you were gonna load film, see on the seem on the top part where that little metal tongue thing sticks out, that isn't being pressed in enough, it's a bit out of alignment inside, what you can do when winding the film is press extra hard over that spot when winding film on till it hits 1, or attach something there or on the back where it touches that part to push it in a little more.

AN RB back looks like a swiss watch inside, even with the repair manual, I just looked at it, and put it back together without attempting repair.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm wondering if someone can do me a favour? If you have a working rb67 120 back, can you open it up, and look at the rollers on the exterior casing, the ones that keep the film against the pressure plate. Please tell me if they are relatively flat against the exterior casing wall, or if they are extended up away from it. On my back one of the rollers is slightly elevated from the casing. I wonder if this could somehow be causing the scratching, having a roller edge dig in to the film slightly?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    4 backs, I'm curious how you came to that number. I can tell you that I won't even consider going out of the studio with less than 5-6 backs for anything serious. Substitute a Dicomed FieldPro for one of those from time to time, but still, 4 backs?????

I think Paul Ron works on backs and bodies as well as lenses, drop him an email, he's a user here, so a quick search should find his info.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I guess to someone like me (owner of a measly 3 cameras) 4 backs seemed like more than enough. Perhaps I should have said if anyone has more rb67 backs on hand than they realistically use regularly and is feeling generous, I sure could use one!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm looking at mine. A roller on the side where the winding lever is SLIGHTLY higher than the pressure plate. This is consistent in two backs (of Pro-S type) I have. I also checked one Pro-SD type. This one has both rollers slightly lower than the pressure plate on both side. I then checked my 6x8 power back. The lever side roller is higher than the pressure plate.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks Tkamiya. just to be clear you are talking about the tiny rollers on the exterior casing right? Not the big rollers on the interior, on either side of the pressure plate?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm talking about the latter. Wrong one by your definition. Sorry. Rechecking...
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin