Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,676   Online: 949

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's the image.

The thin rollers are raised above the dark slide. This is consistent between two Pro-S type I have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pro-s.jpg  
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    okay thanks. on one side mine is like that but on the other side it is a good 1-2mm further away from the dark slide on one end. I suspect that it might be what is causing the scratch.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is a back I got free with a 120 roll adapter with GG for a 4x5"

Check these areas as well as seals

I've put small squares of gaffa tape under neath the missing screws, an one over the corner that's missing a bit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks athiril

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm having hard time picturing (imagining) how this roller thingy can be that far off from the darkslide. On mine, it is held by a pair of black clips on both end which is screwed into the frame by tiny screws. Is your clip bent up? Is the rod bent? Does the roller actually "roll?"

That ought to be an easy fix, I think??

I'll be glad to take as many photograph of mine for comparison as you need to get you going....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes the roller rolls, and the rod itself is fine but it looks like the little clips are bent up too much. I push the roller back down but they pop back up. I need to get a jeweller's screwdriver and unscrew them, and bend them back flat and hopefully that will work. would be great if that solved the problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My clips aren't bent up at all. They are flush against the plastic part. I hope that will solve your problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe I missed something in this thread, but you never said what the problem is?

Leave everything alone till you see where the problems are coming from. Light seals, that little edge lever that engages the counter mechanism, the roller that sneses the film that tranfers that info to the counter to meter a frame.. so many possable places to find the same cause of your problem... so lets isolate it n cure it?

How handy are you? Perhaps you can do your own repairs with a little guidance? If it is broke now.. the worst that will happen it will still be broke after you try fixing it.. deal?

Shipping to Canada is off the charts lately.. I have no idea why. Are there any local repair shops in your area?.. maybe someone that is a bit more handy than you willing to help?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    nwilkins
    Yes I've ordered over the phone and they ususally had several shipping options. I see on their site, they only have fedex. You could give them a call and see if they have anything better. It's been many months since I ordered something from keh, so I don't remember the details. good luck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    okay thanks for the tip Fast.

regarding the back problems I am hoping the occasional flare issue and the scratching might be due to the roller problem. I unscrewed the roller and bent the tabs back into shape. I will see if the scratching is gone once I run a roll of film through it. As far as the counter engaging, now that I know exactly where the tab is I will just be careful to put pressure there when closing the back up and winding. Hopefully that will get rid of that issue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin