Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,692   Online: 858

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

rb67 back repair

okay i have had no luck with the issues with my rb67 back so I'm looking to send it somewhere for repair. Anyone have any recommendations?

Also I am getting worried - are the 120 backs disappearing off the market? Will I potentially have to sell the camera because of the back problem? Seems crazy! If anyone on this forum is hoarding 4 or more backs and is feeling generous/altruistic I'd be happy to buy one from you I love the camera and I want to keep making photos with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For some reasons, RB stuff is harder to find than RZ stuff.... I don't know why.

But, backs are still plenty available at usual used camera spots, including KEH, Adorama, and B&H. I spoke with Mamiya USA's tech support just recently. It still repairs RB stuff if you want to take that route. What's wrong with yours??
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    my back has on occasion produced a mysterious flare-like image, sometimes fails to start counting frames when closed up, and is also somehow scratching the emulsion near the top edge of the film.

since I started having problems in the last month or so I have been watching keh, adorama, b and h and even ebay and it seems like RB 120 backs have basically disappeared, and when they do appear they are going for a crazy price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just bought a ProS back from KEH. They have one up right now for $80. As far as I can tell on KEH, thats about the going price for the ProS back. Good thing about dealing with them, if you have problems, they will work on replacing it for you. You won't get that support on EPrey.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    will a bargain grade back be fully functional for a while or on its last legs? KEH might have a great return policy but they have a terrible shipping policy to Canada. So that $80 back might be $160 or more when all is said and done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have purchased backs of all grades from all 3 vendors I mentioned above. They all came fully functional EXCEPT almost all had light leaks. They were all good about returns/refunds but I have to admit, it was a frustrating experience finding one that worked right.

They all paid for return shipping though.... (even for an attempted repair)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    okay thanks tkamiya. I checked and KEH wants $60 for shipping, so with tax and purolator brokerage fees that $80 is getting on to $200 pretty quickly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    THAT MUCH?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    as far as I can tell $60 is a flat shipping rate. I once tried to buy an RB67 lens hood from KEH and they asked for $60 shipping.

But I don't want to derail the main subject here, which is my request for repair place recommendations

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've had good success buying from keh - certainly haven't paid that much for shipping to Manitoba. Shipping prices always seemed reasonable to me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin