Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,795   Online: 896

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depends on what you are looking for. In the UK, compared to two years ago body prices are stable. Lenses vary a bit more and it depends what you are looking for. There is an abundance of 150 lenses and I think prices have fallen for these but CFi/CFE lenses like the 40, 50, 60, 120 are still high. Then there are things like 903/905 bodies which are very difficult to find and they would set you back 2500-3000 nowadays where 2 years ago they'd be 2000-2500.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One more thing, for backs, a mint condition A12 is 125-200. To be honest, I'd rather buy a beat up one for £50 then spend another £100 on a service for it. At least I then know it is as good as new.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think any film camera is a good investment in the digital age, if you want to invest your money choose something else, but it want to buy a camera to use and enjoy regardless of the investment potential a Hasselblad is a very good choice.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't think any film camera is a good investment in the digital age, if you want to invest your money choose something else, but it want to buy a camera to use and enjoy regardless of the investment potential a Hasselblad is a very good choice.
    I can't really say with certainty what the guy is up to since he only made one post. But I suspect he wants a camera for personal use but doesn't want to catch a falling knife. That makes sense to me. I didn't make my Rollei SLR purchase until years after the MF Armageddon. If prices are falling rapidly why buy? Just use your DSLR or 35mm gear for a couple of years and swoop in when things stabilize.

I have no insight into Hasselblad prices. What I can say is if someone is new to MF they may be better off starting off with something like an ETRSI. You can get complete kits with a prime lens for less than $300. And by kit I mean with prism finder and speed grip. Maybe even a metered prism. You can buy one. Use it and see if you like it. If not you can sell it and only be out some transaction fees and shipping... assuming you do your research and pick one up for a good price. Sure an ETRSI is 6x4.5 vs 6x6 but they both still use 120 film and are pretty close cousins format wise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello all,

Thank's s lot for all the useful answars. I have been cut of from internet acess for a couple of days, so I haven't been able to get back to the thread before.
    First, I am asking the question because I want to buy a Hasselblad and if prices had started to rise, it would mean that I had to get one in the near future. As far as I understand, prices have more or less been stable for a while. I would think that mint copies will rise, because the are no longer made, and will be collectibles. I am not a collector, so I will want I camera that has not seen a lot of use, but some is OK.
    It is a nice advice to start with a cheaper one like Bronica, but I want a Hasselblad and there is no way around it. I have come to the conclusion that Hasselblad is just something I want to experience in my life for many reasons. So I am looking for a nice 500 C/M or 501/503 if they surface lokally for cheap.
    So thank you for the good advice. I will focus on getting one as soon as I find a nice copy for a decent price.
    Theo

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you want a Hasselblad then get a Blad. I have wanted one since the early 1980's and finally took a 500CM in on trade a couple years ago.

My only regret about it is that I didn't get one sooner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin