Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,218   Online: 946

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

More with the RB67

I went and shot my second roll yesterday. I ran into an issue, seemed to be in portrait, where sometimes after I took a shot it wouldn't let me advance the film. I gave the troublesome pin another lighterfluid treatment and ran it through a roll of backing paper...flawless in landscape...jammed once in portrait. When I looked at the images from yesterday four didn't get exposed at all (probably the result of the portrait jam), four were perfect and I had two double exposures (again, the jam). They're drying now...I think the second treatment helped a lot...I'm considering doing a third since the pin action improved noticeably each time. Thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems clear to me that the interlock which prevents exposure except when the back is fully rotated (either portrait or landscape orientation) is the source of your problem.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you need to advance the film for any reason, there is a switch/tab on the back, flick it once and then it'll let you advance, other than that, take the film back off and rotate into portrait, if it's not firing, lube the pin, you should see where it tries to pop out when you press the shutter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks guys! I lubed all the pins on the RB (I only did the one that was visibly sticky before) so hopefully I'll have no further problems...even after the second lube it seemed to be working better. I think I'll try another roll and see what I get..I've learned sometimes these guys want more than one lube job before they work 100%.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    cep.. also be carefull when shooting.. if the palm of your hand is hitting the silver tabs it wont fire either.. then all of a sudden it goes off.. WHY? those freakin tabs.

When rotating the back, it has to clicked in place to fire properly.

Try the WD like I told you.. you can even put a couple drops between the plates so they rotate a bit easier. When rotating stop it half way.. you'll notice the spring clips taht ride the rails of the plates.. that is where you cna put a tiny amt of WD on each side ot the clip. Now play it a few times to work it in and it should feel better n also click in easier too.

The right thing to do is to split the plates n clean out the old grease n put new. You'd be surprised how much gunk is in there.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin