Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,048   Online: 892

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Storing focusing screens?

I just bought a new focusing screen for my rz67 and was surprised to see that it didn't come with a hard protective box, just a plastic soft case. Anyone have any tips on what I could use to store it in my camera bag safely and avoid scratches?

Cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    I wrap mine loosely in a couple of sheets of tiffen lens cleaning tissue before stuffing them back into whatever they came in, usually and old cardboard box or a little plastic bag... That's for storage though; I've never found a reason to carry extra screens in the field.

Have another look--perhaps the box has little dents to keep the screen from touching anything, better than any wrap.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The original packaging is very rudimentary, just a plastic soft case inside a cardboard box. The thing is I expect to change screens somewhat frequently because the new one is for digital and the old one I will use for film. So finding some sort of hard case solution would be nice.

I was expecting something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqVHJDcFBucuNligBQl2PrEhQQ~~60_12.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	66043
    Last edited by amsp; 03-21-2013 at 07:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you have any cases that lens filters come in? If you take the round insert out, you may be able to fit that in pretty nicely.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't know where you are located but if there is a Container Store there they have a great variety of storage items.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I looked but could only find a bunch of round cases unfortunately, nothing that would fit a focusing screen.
    Last edited by amsp; 03-21-2013 at 09:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jeffrey, I'm currently in Sweden, no such store here I'm afraid.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A single Cokin filter box would probably be ideal - A series filters are 67mm wide, and P series, 84mm. Depending on the size of your screen, I suspect an A series case would do the job.

I might have one of the cases kicking around I could send you...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    A single Cokin filter box would probably be ideal - A series filters are 67mm wide, and P series, 84mm. Depending on the size of your screen, I suspect an A series case would do the job.

I might have one of the cases kicking around I could send you...
    Much appreciated Paul, if you find something you think might fit let me know. In the meantime I'm going to check local stores to see if there's any kind of container I could adapt to the purpose.

cheers
    Last edited by amsp; 03-21-2013 at 01:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bigger than you need...

Quote Originally Posted by amsp View Post
    Much appreciated Paul, if you find something you think might fit let me know. In the meantime I'm going to check local stores to see if there's any kind of container I could adapt to the purpose.

cheers
    This suggestion is much bigger than you need......but could a CD case work, even if it is temporary?

FL Guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin