Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,707   Online: 707

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Focusing screen, Bill Maxwell

hello someone could tell me the address , Bill Maxwell, to change focusing screen type Rolleiflex

Shooter
    35mm
    Bill Maxwell
    1+770-939-6644
    Maxwell Precision Optics (for US Mail only)
    PO Box 33146
    Decatur GA 30033-0146 USA

Maxwell Precision Optics (for FedEx, UPS only)
    3158 Caintal Ct
    Decatur GA 30033 USA

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    thanks,have any email address ,greatings

Shooter
    Medium Format
    maxwellprecisionoptics [at] yahoo [dot] com

Let them know that you are in Spain in your email. He prefers to talk on the phone to go over options, issues, etc., but the international rates might change his mind
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 04-01-2013 at 12:47 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: e-mail address protected from spambots.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Understatement.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    He prefers to talk on the phone to go over options, issues, etc., but the international rates might change his mind
    Bill is a great guy, he did a CLA and other work (and a screen) on my 3.5F Rollei about 5 years ago. He does like to have a detailed conversation, to his credit I believe it is to make sure you get the right screen model (there are many to choose from).

The Int'l. rates might hold him back on the phone call. Good luck!

FL Guy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FL Guy View Post
    Bill is a great guy, he did a CLA and other work (and a screen) on my 3.5F Rollei about 5 years ago. He does like to have a detailed conversation, to his credit I believe it is to make sure you get the right screen model (there are many to choose from).

The Int'l. rates might hold him back on the phone call. Good luck!

FL Guy
    Yes, I should have been clear- Bill wants to make certain that you are getting the right screen, that you understand the trade-offs of different styles, etc. For example, in my recent discussion with him about a screen, he wanted to make clear that the split image screen creates focus issues that increase the more you work close and at wide apertures. This is because the habit is to put the desired object at the center of the screen, focus, then reframe. Reframing will change the focus point.

He recently sent me an email that included the following information (in conversation he mentioned that he has reduced his basic screen styles to two, based on a look at actual sales over the last decade or so). I am removing his payment infomration and his phone numbers:

" More than half of my business is international. Read below for descriptions of screens, current prices, payment and shipping options. My HI-LUX screens will look really beautiful in your Rolleiflex TLR (as well as being much, much brighter and easier to focus). If you own other Rollei cameras, I make my HI-LUX screens for the 6000 series, SL66 series, SLX, as well as all models of Rollei TLRs. I also provide my line of HI-LUX focus screens for an incredible variety of both modern and classic cameras of all different formats (35mm, Medium Format, Large Format, DSLRs, Medium Format Digital & Large Format Digital). Please feel free to forward this information to your friends. You may contact me at xxxxxxx (office) or xxxxxx (mobile) with questions or to order:

I make two HI-LUX screens for both the interchangeable hood Rollei TLRs as well as the earlier non-interchangeable hood Rollei TLRs. The screens for the interchangeable hood Rollei TLRs are user interchangeable and do not require any tools or adjustment (presuming that the camera is currently focusing correctly with the original factory screen). The screens for the non-interchangeable hood Rollei TLRs can be supplied either for installation by you or a technician. The self-install kit with materials and instructions is intended for people of average mechanical ability. These screens are:

(1) HI-LUX Brilliant Matte - very bright, contrasty, high clarity, all matte screen - $245.00

(2) HI-LUX Micro/Split RF (Type II) - 4 mm diameter horizontal split image rangefinder in the center, surrounded by a 7 mm diameter microprism collar, surrounded by a bright matte field - $245.00

Line options for screens: All screens are available (a) without lines, (b) with vertical and horizontal crop lines for rectangular pictures, or (c) with grid lines. All of my products are made to order. Please allow us time to produce your screens."

I have the Brilliant Matte screen in a 2.8C. Wonderful. One of those things that if you had never seen it you might not miss it, but once you use one it becomes easier to justify the price. I'm getting a 3.5E worked on by Paul Ebel at the moment and having a Micro/split RF screen installed. I'm interested to see the difference. Since i use the two cameras in different ways, it won't be too confusing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone know how to contact a moderator here, or how to eliminate a post? I realize that I posted Bill Maxwell's email address in a way that could be harvested by bots. I would like to delete that post and post his address in a safer form.

Any info leading me to the right person or right button much appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    Anyone know how to contact a moderator here, or how to eliminate a post? I realize that I posted Bill Maxwell's email address in a way that could be harvested by bots. I would like to delete that post and post his address in a safer form.

Any info leading me to the right person or right button much appreciated.
    I sent a note to the moderators about this request for you.

For future reference, the little "!" at the bottom left corner of each post is the link you click to alert a moderator.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I sent a note to the moderators about this request for you.

For future reference, the little "!" at the bottom left corner of each post is the link you click to alert a moderator.
    Thank you for both the report and the information on the little ! mark's meaning.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    thanks,por su aportacion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin