Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,706   Online: 796

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Greetings and M7ii Question

Hi, all - I'm new to APUG but not to MF. Glad to be here. I just received a new Mamiya 7ii from Japan (very satisfactory purchase experience) and I have a viewfinder question. I noticed when shooting in bright sun, the exposure speed indicator in the viewfinder is very difficult to see. Also, the frameline seems to wash out a bit in bright light. I haven't experienced the same issue in my Fuji GF670. Is this a common issue, or do I just need to get used to moving my eye around until I see it better?
    Cheers,
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. I don't know much about the 7ii, I wish I can help.

Jeff

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The frame lines do wash out towards the sun, but they are not accurate anyway at greater than closest focus, so just get used to it. The red LED exposure info is not presented in the viewfinder itself, but below it in the lower black margin of the window. In strong light, it may be reflected up into the viewfinder as a kind of inadvertent HUD. This may be what you are (not) seeing (clearly). Though good, I rarely use the on board metering, preferring the exposure accuracy of a separate spot meter.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks, all.
    Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin