Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,520   Online: 964

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have double stitched a few cases that the old cotton stiching fell apart around good shape leather.

I first used waxed white cord from walmart. I wandered into Film Plus in west end Toronto one day with one case done this way.

Kat was pleased to see the old folder back in service, but was a bit horified with the ugly cord.
    She pulled out a big spool of the right heavy black cord and reeld off a few dozen metres and gave it to me, and admonished me to not restore with white cord again.

By the way, if the leather is stiff, while apart, saturate the tanned side with lanolin paste and then wipe off the excess after it has sat for a few weeks. That makes the old leahter supple again so it will not crack.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey guys, I Landed up stiching it back on my own. There a website that showed how. Took about an hour to do. did a good job on it. Thanks for the input.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hey guys, I Landed up stiching it back on my own. There a website that showed how. Took about an hour to do. did a good job on it. Thanks for the input.

Todd
    Could you post the website link.

I bought an Automat with an Opton Tessar at a Flea market on Monday and the case needs restitching. I need to restitch a few others as well, particularty teh one for my Yashicamat 124 in Turkey.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here you go. Just take your time.

http://www.stereoscopy.com/cameras/re-stitching.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin