Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,450   Online: 1105

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

EverReady Re-stich..

Hey guys,

I got a Ever ready case for my 3.5F. The stiching letting go on the back side. Do you think a shoe repair could stich it back. I was wondering if anyone has taken one to local cobbler?

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hey guys,

I got a Ever ready case for my 3.5F. The stiching letting go on the back side. Do you think a shoe repair could stich it back. I was wondering if anyone has taken one to local cobbler?

Todd
    Possibly. But, where does one find a "local cobbler"? The nearest one to me is an hour away.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My Autocord came in beautiful condition, but some of the leather case stitching had fallen apart. I had a local shoe repair guy do the restitching, but he was very late in doing the work, complained bitterly, and charged me $40. My advice is do it yourself with a cheap stitching awl and some heavy thread.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think I'll run it by my local place after work. Never hurts to ask.

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Barry,

After all that.. did he do a good job? Did look nice?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have restitched a few cases. it can be a PITA if you want it to look right. I restitched a case for a Baby Yashica and it took about two hours. I can see why the guy charged so much, but he should not have bitched about it. You can get some harness needles and appropriate thread from Tandy Leather. It shouldn't cost too much, then you can do it and be happy with your own handiwork.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Try a local tack shop if you can't find a cobbler; he'll point you to a saddlemaker that will do an excellent job.
    -Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It depends on how the case is made. I took a Voigtlander case in to our local cobbler (yes, we still have them here!) and he pointed out the case was actually three layers of leather, stitched through the central layer only, so would require de-glueing over the whole case, stitching and then re-glueing. He wasn't prepared to take on the hassle involved.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hi Barry,

After all that.. did he do a good job? Did look nice?
    Todd--he did a decent job--not quite as nice as the original, but ok. Fred's advice to find a saddlery is probably a good bet. I had a really nice replacement handle for my Speed Graphic made at a leather shop/saddlery and they were great to deal with and reasonably priced.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sweet!! I know a couple places on the way home that I've seen. Thanks guys. I really couldn't constitute getting another case on ebay. So freckin exspensive.

ToddB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin