Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,311   Online: 1222

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You guys are doing it wrong (98 ci engine here + 21psi of boost on a T3/T04E turbo) :P

Just kidding, I'm in the process of putting an LS1 into a 240sx so I know the appeal of a v8 too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think there's a huge difference between ego and someone that's confident about their skills. It's not necessarily the size of your camera, but the pictures you take. Some lacking skills might compensate by using a larger camera. That way that can Extenze their bellows.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    And my V8 with a 4x5 back is a Chevy Chevette with a 350 in it. Only better built.

I do get more weird remarks when I am out with my rb67 though. people don't recognize it anymore. They think it's a movie camera.

tim in san jose
    Back in the day, a friend of mine owned a street legal Chevy Vega with a hopped up 350 in it. He had to routinely change his U joints once a month.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ego is an expensive beast to feed. Save your time, money and energy in finding your voice and to make unique and beautiful images.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Yes, but when one reaches the stage when one no longer screws up... (Chrysler tower smiley)
    Not sure that I will live long enough for that! lol.
    Alan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rorye View Post
    When I'm out with a view camera and someone asks questions about it I always go out of my way to engage with them, even though sometimes I don't feel like it. If people are excited by what is different for them then I think that's pretty cool.
    This happens to me all the time when I'm out with my 4x5. I very rarely, if ever, get any hassle from members of the public or fellow photographers. Often get puzzled looks as to why I'm using such a funny looking thing, but I'm more than happy to let them ask questions and even look under the darkcloth and have a go at focusing the image. In fact on occasions I spend more time talking and showing people how it works than actually taking photographs. Which is fine by me.

I have to put up with a fair amount of mickey-taking from members of the camera club about not being digital, but there's no over-inflated egos to contend with (perhaps because the club is in a very traditional Northern working-class town - we Geordies tend to be a very friendly bunch...)

In fact the only serious ego I've ever had to contend with in photography was a former colleague who insisted whatever he did was better. I bought a dslr, he berated me for my choice and insisted film was the only pure form of photography (Despite the fact that he didn't actually own a camera of any description at this point). A little while later I progressed on to medium format and re-discovered the joys of film. His response? He immediately went out and spent several grand on the latest Nikon dslr. Tw*t...

This process was repeated whenever I bought any new (well, pre-owned, but new to me) kit.

Last time I spoke to him he told me his wife had forced him to sell his Nikon and other assorted gubbins because he never used it. I'm happy to report that he got sod-all for it...

Tw*t...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin