Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,925   Online: 1094

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David, not sure if anyone has suggested slight variation at manufacture as a reason for one, ostensibly identical lens performing differently from another. I've had a couple of 50 C lenses both from new, and the second was superior to the first.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    50mm soft? Are you shooting it wide open?.. hten make the floating element adjsutment! OR Stop down a bit, leave the floarter at inf n see the difference? It should blow your mind how sharp this lens is in all series n versions.

BTW did you look carefully inside your lens for fungus or dirt?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Grant View Post
    David, not sure if anyone has suggested slight variation at manufacture as a reason for one, ostensibly identical lens performing differently from another. I've had a couple of 50 C lenses both from new, and the second was superior to the first.

No not true. The only difference might be in how the lens was serviced over the years... maybe someone forgot to install the proper shims or missaligned it by mistake.. but not from manufacturer variation.

I've serviced lenses that have been CLAed n suposedly well cared for over the years n noticed edge blackening wipped off as a common problem... causing flare n other customer complaints blaming it on Mamiya's quality control.. but that is just aftermarket carelessness.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin