Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,511   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheers

Andrew

PS - yes, I've heard Ken Ruth does a great job converting Medalists and Chevrons to take 120 film - but for the cost I'd just buy a suitable camera that takes 120 film...[/QUOTE]

I agree about conversions to 120 on he Medalist. Not needed for me at least. I have a stash of old 620 spools and find "rolling my own" no big problem. I do know Ken does nice work whether it be a Medalist conversion or a overhaul, but I just don't think it's that needed. I have a beautiful Kodak Chevron sitting in front of me right now that I converted to 120 film and it works like it was made for 120 film. It was pretty simple and came out perfect! I also know that for me to attempt to do the same conversion to a Medalist would involve much, much more work. I'm with you Andy and have many other cameras already taking 120 film so why goof my Medalist. I say goof, because even Ken's conversion will alter a side roller on your camera. Now, if I used the Medalist everyday and it was my only "user" 120 then maybe the conversion would be worth it? JohnW

Shooter
    35mm

Brand new to Kodak Medalist II - Need help starting out (Service/Repair Manual)

Jut picked up a Medalist II. Outwardly looks ok and need to cleaning. Looking inside with back swung away looks like it needs a good cleaning and lubrication job.

As as typical it seems I cannot get the shutter to fire. I've tried setting the frame counter as described in the operator manual but no luck. No film was used or injured in the process - yet.

Anyone have copy of a service or repair manual? I am not yet comfortable in removing the lens 'group' as I am not yet familiar with all the parts and proper terminology.

Thanks
    rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bhagmeister View Post
    Jut picked up a Medalist II. Outwardly looks ok and need to cleaning. Looking inside with back swung away looks like it needs a good cleaning and lubrication job.

As as typical it seems I cannot get the shutter to fire. I've tried setting the frame counter as described in the operator manual but no luck. No film was used or injured in the process - yet.

Anyone have copy of a service or repair manual? I am not yet comfortable in removing the lens 'group' as I am not yet familiar with all the parts and proper terminology.

Thanks
    rob
    Did you make sure you had the focus racked out to between INF. and 3 1/2 feet? Do this and then cock the shutter with the lever behind the little viewfinder window. Now trip the shutter and see what happens. I'd also set the shutter speed to 1/100th of a second or close to it. These are very fine cameras, but service manual is a certain "MUST HAVE" FOR THE OWNER/USER. JohnW

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JW PHOTO View Post
    Did you make sure you had the focus racked out to between INF. and 3 1/2 feet? Do this and then cock the shutter with the lever behind the little viewfinder window. Now trip the shutter and see what happens. I'd also set the shutter speed to 1/100th of a second or close to it. These are very fine cameras, but service manual is a certain "MUST HAVE" FOR THE OWNER/USER. JohnW
    Indeed. Focus ring/collar extended, shutter set to 1/100th of a second. Distance indicator never gets to infinity - May be part of needed overhaul. Also, glide path of lens in needed of work; Lots of torque needed to bring it out from recessed position. Gets easier thereafter.

Surprisingly having trouble locating service manual. Even an illustration of parts in an exploded view would be of help.

Thanks
    rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have this manual and several others. This is a good one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kodak-Medali...-/400417211172
    Just do a search on eBay for Kodak Medalist Service Manual..................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin