Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,005   Online: 763

Shooter
    Medium Format

Light Leak on Mamiya RZ67 Pro

I have recently purchased a used Mamiya RZ67 pro and put my first roll of film through. It seems I have a light leak which is evident on most but not all of the photos.
    The leak is always in the same position and is evident in both landscape and portrait formats. The strength of the light leak varies on the affected photos.
    Does anyone have any ideas where it might be coming from based on the attached image.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your attached image is sideways, but am assuming the photo was shot with the back in portrait mode.
    The leak appears at the bottom of the photo, so, that means the leak is at the top of your back.

When you take photos with the back oriented in landscape mode, is the leak always on the right side of image?
    If so, that means the leak is due to the back, not the camera. Your leak is probably at the hinge or hinge end.

Is the back in question a 'RZ Pro' film back, or a 'RZ Pro II' film back?
    You can change the seals in the RZ Pro film backs. The RZ Pro II's use a light trap configuration...no seals.

My two cents,
    Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the responses. My first venture into MF!
    Marc, yes the picture was taken in portrait mode (the attached image was just a pic from my phone) with the leak at the bottom of the image. In landscape format the leak appears on the right side of the photo.
    the back is the 'pro' not the 'pro II' so sounds as though it is the back with the leak and I need to replace the seals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These guys sell a great light seal kit for the RB, just bought 2 of them, good instructions. Great price

http://aki-asahi.com/

Jamie
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin