Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,793   Online: 1025

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sad news - Jurgen Küschnik passed away

I am sad to let you know, that Jurgen Kuschnik - one of the top repairman for wide range of classical cameras in Germany passed away on 4th of February.

Mr. Kuschink made an excellent job of overhauling my Rolleiflex T. I have just tried to contact him about a repair of another camera and got a reply from his wife, Ms. Gaye Lucas. She is right now overwhelmed with organizing all what Mr. Kuschnik was working on. If any of you had a camera sent to Mr. Kuschink for a repair, please be patient and allow Ms. Lucas to sort it out.

This little world of classical photography has just lost a very skilled repairman who will be dearly missed by many.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I did not know (or know OF) this chap but, true as can be, a genuine asset was lost.

It really is an art, camera repair, and one that probably does not pay quite what a heart surgeon gets (but is equally demanding, in academic terms). There are many such stations in life which derive wealth more from underlying satisfaction than strictly by pecuniary means. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sad news - Jurgen Küschnik passed away

He worked on some of my SL66 back when he live in California for a while. Very nice guy who did great work.

I think his death was reported here earlier....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sorry to hear this even tough I never used him.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am very sorry to hear this. My condolensces to his family.

He repaired several Rollei cameras of mine over the years earning my total trust from the very first. He last repaired a Rollei SL66 Meter Hood that I thought was a total loss.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Old news, but sad nonetheless.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, I saw it too the other day. He did some great repairs on my Rolleiflex Automat and always had the time to answer questions via mail.

My condolences to his family. Rest in peace.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mr. Kuschnik had done a complete overhaul of my SL66 four years ago and it came back in a terrific shape, virtually like new in all its functions. He was really pre-eminent with regard to these cameras. Very sad to hear these news...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Although I never had the chance to do work with him, I have heard of the top-notch work he was known for. Truely sad to see such a skilled member of the analog photography world pass.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Always sad to hear about the passing of a skilled craftsman. The world needs more of these and fewer reality "stars."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin