Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,104   Online: 835

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't work, I gave it up almost seven years ago and retired but I usually have a camera of some kind with me.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did when I gave the Photo-a-Day exercise a go a few years back. Usually it was the CLAed and refurbished Canonet QL17 GIII in a small traveling kit designed just for the project. It only lasted until March of that year, unfortunately, before the lack of time each day finally buried me.

I need to be retired like Ben if I ever hope to complete anything of photographic significance. Until then, I'm doomed.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes. Olympus mju, or Olympus RC35, or M3 with elmar if I plan to go somewhere afer work. Before also Rollei 35 - but lens is damaged inernally afer borowing it to someone (lession learned).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I take my Rollei 35 S loaded with Provia 400 X with me whenever I leave home - if I do not leave with my Makina 67 or my Linhof 6x9.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll take some to work if I am testing film or a new acquisition. I have a lot of boring, poorly taken, pictures of the Cleveland State University campus. Speaking of which, when it stops raining I have to test a few ebay backs for light leaks.
    Truzi

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I work in the Phoenix area so I carry a Mamyia 6, (1950s) and a Chinon CM3 with a couple of lens a few rolls of film in either the trunk of my care or back of my SUV during the cool months, hen the temps top out at over a 100 I just carry a digital SLR. Up untill 2010 or 09 I carried a 4X5 press camera, heavy tirpod and a 35mm kit.

Shooter
    35mm
    I carry an Olympus Stylus Epic loaded w/ Tri-X on my person whenever I leave the house. My work bag has 2 more Stylus Epics, 1 w/ ASA 100 bw and 1 w/ ASA 3200 bw. I also keep a Fuji Instax Mini and extra pack of film in my desk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, we are not allowed to have any cameras or recording equipment at work.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Always. Today it was a Mamiya 645 w/ grip, a 150 f3.5 and an 80 f2.8, some screw-on close-up lenses, a Luna Pro F meter, a Nikon SB-28 flash and an Ikoflex la TLR. Various filters for each camera and a few other accessories. Large (heavy) bag to hold it all and a Bogen tripod in the car. Also always have my Canon G10 with me if I feel lazy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I rarely go anywhere without either my car or my wife's car.

Each of the cars has a 35mm rangefinder in the trunk ("boot", for those who prefer that term).

My car has my main tripod and a monopod in the trunk. My wife's car has our smaller tripod in its trunk.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin