Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,825   Online: 836

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I just got into the P67 system (have one non-working non-MLU body and one working MLU 6x7 body) + 105/2.4 which is the standard lens for the 67. It fits my fairly large hands better than a Spotmatic or ME/MX sized camera, but is a fair bit heavier.

I don't shoot a whole bunch of images when I go out anymore, so the 10 shots/roll doesn't bother me. This may replace a whole bunch of other gear for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll add my vote for the 645. I bought mine a few years ago and it was my first move to MF from 35mm. I was blown away by the detail and the lenses are wonderful. I got mine from KEH for a good price, (can't remember exactly how much - their prices seem to fluctuate with time. They had a lot of inventory at the time so I had good choice in lenses). Hand holding is not a problem for me. I'm not a big fan of auto focus, so don't mind the manual lenses at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post

$299 is a lot to pay for a 645 body. For that kind of money you should get at least a body + lens or else a 645N body.
    Absolutely.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I built a P67 kit some years back and when I ran into a 645 system in the right situation, I purchased it and an adapter to use the P67 lenses on the 645 body. The 645 came with a 75 and 150 which are both solid performers, but having a 45, 55, 90, 135, 165 and 200 accumulated for the bigger camera had me well covered without buying a bunch of glass. The 645 covered for most duties very well and is much easier to handle than the 67, brighter viewfinder, motor drive, etc but the bigger camera was there for duty when I knew I'd be apt to be making bigger enlargements on a project.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Luminous Landscape review of the 645NII which also gives some good general observations:

http://luminous-landscape.com/review...s/645nii.shtml
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 645Nii is a terrific camera. Until this year it was my most used camera. This year I happen to be working a lot with my Zeiss Ikon rangefinder so I have not used it as much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 645N or 645NII are more functional than the original 645 (I agree with the previous poster); all of these cameras, however, are extraordinarily reliable. Apart from the 645 diopter, better on the 645N, I haven't heard of any errors. I'm sure there must be, as with all cameras, but these are rugged ones. And ergonomic too—you hardly believe it until you use one. I find AF good enough for my purposes.
    And the lenses are tops, at least most of them.
    Above all, these cameras and lenses tend to keep their value. So you can try them out and if it's not for you just sell them on again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I guess you are getting a lot of the same answers. Pentax 645n is one of my absolute favorites! It is significantly improved over the 645 original. But personally I don't think the minor improvements of the 645nII warrant the significantly higher price. As for the lenses, the are fantastic! I only use the manual focus A series but love them. The 645n even has focus confirmation if you are unsure about your MF abilities. It can also imprint the exposure data on the edges of the film for each frame. The VF is large and much brighter than the 645 original and the ergonomics are excellent. It is a reasonably portable camera with a very sturdy build.

The 67 is much larger, not nearly as easy to handhold, but is a wonderful camera in its own regard!

As others have suggested, the Pentax Forum is an excellent source for information.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It can also imprint the exposure data on the edges of the film for each frame.
    Yes - I love this!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shutterbug also has a nice P645 review on their site.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin