Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,388   Online: 787

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    I checked with Walgreen and the locations that still have wet machine. No go on dropping off Fixer.

Todd
    Try at a real professional lab. They should have a silver reclamation machine already running.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    For printing, I generally leave it sitting in its tray until it all evaporates (using it all this time), and refill it when it gets too low to cover a piece of paper. The fans on whenever I'm in the darkroom and sometimes when some. Is this a problematic way to do it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Find a college photo dept

I dump my fixer at a university photo dept. I work in the art department.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OEyers View Post
    For printing, I generally leave it sitting in its tray until it all evaporates (using it all this time), and refill it when it gets too low to cover a piece of paper. The fans on whenever I'm in the darkroom and sometimes when some. Is this a problematic way to do it?
    You will end up with highly concentrated silver in that tray and therefore poor print longevity. You're doing the opposite of two-bath fixing the aim is to have very low silver concentration in the second bath. You can't just avoid the disposal problem entirely.
    Last edited by polyglot; 05-10-2013 at 05:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin