Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,092   Online: 728

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
    Would it be possible to borrow another 500 and switch lenses between the two to see if the problem follows the lens or the body?
    My money would be on the lens but you never know.
    It might be that I could borrow one from the camera store, but I think I'll just send it back to the seller as I found out that I can get my import fee back.
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lens and the body of a V series Hasselblad is only connected through a mechanical release plunger. Any shutter problem will be isolated to the lens and not to the body unless the auxillary shutter is the part giving brief which is easy to observe. Generally and unfortunately i have learned to treat all ebay purchases as well as any other second hand purchases in a way that i have to calculate service at a Hasselblad certified repair shop. I guess this is not what you should expect after paying a premium but quite often this is the reality unless you get lucky. Which can happen on occasion. My 2c.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post

Edit: Perhaps I should add: For those of you who have returned faulty items to eBay sellers, how have your experiences been? Does eBay have any official support for returning items?
    I have returned two cameras (both in the US) and a lens to England. No problems at all with EBay, but it is up to the seller if they reimburse the return shipping costs. One seller did, the others did not. I also received a finder that had fungus in it, the seller refunded half the price and I cleaned it.

Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin