Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,563   Posts: 1,545,298   Online: 790

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hooked

Shooter
    Multi Format
    andrewf; glad you're enjoying it. The RZ is a great system; but do realize that it is one of the heaviest, bulkiest 6x7 cameras ever made.

Right now the lightest and most compact 6x7 I own is the Fuji GF670. Truly an amazing camera that is incredibly compact and light for a 6x7. And the optics are second to none!
    Anyway, enjoy your RZ and those lovely big negatives!
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Enjoy the RZ67 and the beautiful negs. That's a fun kit. Warning, I might have M7II for sale soon....if you're looking for something lighter that is :P

If you're like me, you'll go 35mm>MF>LF<MF<35mm. Kinda funny, I missed the grain and lack of detail of 35mm. Go figure!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    And there are plenty of enablers here to help you move to LF. And I agree, Andrew - it was using MF that kept me in the darkroom when digital started getting more popular.
    Well yesbut... in the sizes I print, and many people print (up to but not exceeding 16x20, more commonly 11x14) the difference between 4x5 and 6x7 is for all practical purposes invisible, unless you really need the view camera movements for the photograph, and even then there are MF view cameras and roll film backs. The PITA factor of sheet film should not be underestimated. I think I keep doing it out of some kind of stubborn resistance to letting it push me away. I enjoy using the camera. I don't enjoy loading holders and trying to keep sheet film dust free and processing it, even though I can do six sheets at a time in my Jobo, and on and on. I often enough wonder why I don't just sell the stuff and get myself an RB or RZ kit.

But I would miss the movements, and the big (relatively, 4x5 isn't 8x10) ground glass, and even the passersby asking about the camera.

Welcome to some real negative real estate. It is addictive!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin