Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,193   Online: 859

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    After I use any lens cleaner, I breathe on it and then use cotton balls. Then do it again. This has worked w/ROR.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Modern lens coating goes a long way toward protecting lenses from scratches, as well as reducing flare and intralens reflections.

A laundered 100% cotton T-shirt and some lens cleaning spray (available in most drug stores) will do an excellent job of cleaning lenses.

Camera repair author Thomas Tomosoy offers a simple method of cleaning lenses. It involves the use of plain white facial tissue - no scent, no lotion - and lens spray. It doesn't seem like this would make sense, but it works effectively. I've used this method to clean hundreds of lenses and have never had a problem.

You need to use extra care with older single-coated or uncoated lenses.

I've found the coating on some Leica lenses to be fragile and can be wiped away. The coating on Zeiss lens seems to be more durable.

If a lens is heavily soiled, I will use compressed air to first blow away any dirt or debris. Then I will clean the lens.

As long as you are careful, you should be able to clean your lenses without worry.

Shooter
    35mm
    PS I clean my lenses in my basement where my breath can really condense on the lens(see my above post).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow! Lots of good advice and comments to dig into here. I´m floored, thank you so very much! :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use the Zeiss lens cleaning kit. It contains cleaning fluid, a micro fibre cloth, a (very good, very soft) brush and cleaning papers. It is rather expensive but I try to avoid cleaning my lenses to often (as Gerald said, you don´t do your lenses a favor by cleaning too often).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin