Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,704   Online: 815

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    I also was thinking that those rollers look rather cruddy. You might want to try a little bit of rubbing alcohol (or lighter fluid) on a cloth to clean them. Maybe it picked up a tiny piece of debris, which is causing the scratch.
    Yes the one on the left in particular is embarrassingly cruddy, however I'm not the guy with the problem! As another Bronica owner I've just been speculating on possible causes. That back has been sitting on a shelf unused for several years when it obviously should have been enclosed somewhere, there's a bunch of dust on the exterior. I agree some sort of swab and alcohol or naptha ought to do it.

I posted the shot as it appeared there might be some confusion about what rollers I was talking about in my first response. There are two much larger ones that are part of the insert which the film reverse bends over to stretch out over the pressure plate. Those only contact the backing paper (unless you're shooting 220, a less and less likely scenario).

We can hope that over the next decade APUG can become a treasure trove of info for dealing with the quirks of some of these cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ahhh, now I understand. Yes, they indeed may be the issue.

I'll check the out once I empty the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Digging this one up again.......

It appears my problem is intermittent. I can go many rolls of dim with out a scratch, but then they come back. I have checked the rollers again and again and they appear nice and smooth. I am wondering, though, if there is a slight flat spot on one of them, which occasionally prevents it from turning.

So the next question is, does anyone know where I can obtain SQA spares? If the price is not too bad, I'd give a new set of rollers a try.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin