Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,710   Online: 737

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Yes, Yes

Shooter
    35mm
    I live in a small condo. My dark room is a combination of a closet and a bathroom. I use a changng bag and the kitchen counter for developing film and washing prints.

I agree with all of the comments above. A warm glow, a cold brew and some good music rounds out the experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine's a tiny closet with a footstool to sit on. The enlarger barely fits in there. It probably won't be too long before I partition out a bigger space in the garage. Like everyone else, I love the slow patient quiet process of making a print. What I really like about it is that it's always ready. If I can find an hour, I can go make a print. I'll probably make one after dinner tonight, just like I did last night!
    Some photos: http://www.ipernity.com/home/295785 ( mostly analog )

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a very nice darkroom. Not as big as SEPIAREVERB's, but big enough. Hmmmm, are they ever big enough? It's my "Man Cave" and it's the only room in the house I don't mind cleaning. In fact I rather love cleaning it. When my door is locked my wife knows enough to steer clear. Sometimes I just use it as a think/read room and it works just fine for that too. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Im on my second revision of my darkroom in the basement, its small and pretty cramped as half of it is storage space, but still I enjoy being in it and the convenience it is. I hope to setup an area for a 4x5 enlarger in the future opposite my 6x7 enlarger in the future. I have equal love and hate for it at this point! haha

Shooter
    Large Format
    I love it. I've had a few darkrooms in different locations but the nicest set up I had, I was able to spend 6+ hours at a time in there. Comfortably. That was a luxury.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    love it, have to have one, can't do without it...... and hate it.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I absolutely love it, too.
    Because
    - it is so relaxing; I have to work at the computer in my job several ours each day, therefore my darkroom is like holidays from my job
    - because I have made my pictures 'with my own hands' I have a very close and emotional relationship to the prints I've made in my darkroom
    - I can get outstanding quality
    - we've tested all imaging chains in our test lab: Optical printing with APO enlarging lenses, slide projection, hybrid workflow with the best drum scanners.
    Result:
    You get the best detail rendition and highest resolution with both optical printing (classic wet darkroom) and slide projection; scanning with the best drum scanners deliver significantly worse results. So the optical, classic imaging chain (printing and projection) is still the benchmark and unsurpassed in film land.

Optical printing in my darkroom is my preferred method for 'middle' enlargements.
    For really big enlargements ( 1 meter x 1,5 meter, 1,5 x 1,5 m, 2 x 2m ) I go for slide projection (BW and colour). It is by far the best method for big enlargements, because of its unsurpassed quality and the extremely low costs (well a 2 x 2m picture cost me less than one Euro in projection).

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first darkroom in 1981. And I still love her just as much.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72 1st Darkroom.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	68527

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My entire full basement is dark. One room for film with a 6 foot wet sink another room for platinum with coating and drying area, another room with a 14 foot wet sink a dry area with enlarger and counter spaces. A bathroom and the laundry room where I steam platinum prints. I sort of lost the sense of magic when prints come up in a tray many years ago but I still love seeing a print finished and framed. One thing I love about my darkroom is that it is nice a cool in the Summer heat. Also that I can walk out of the film room in the middle of a process and answer the phone in another room. Or I can leave a print in the developer and go to the bathroom and turn on the light. Or I can go with a beer and play darts.
    Dennis

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin