Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,568   Online: 895

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    Matt, the "her" could also be my newlywed in our apartment bathroom where I made my first print!?
    Beautiful! I absolutely love the historical touch and wish I'd done the same. Yes, the day I met my newlywed I was in the darkroom developing the film and making prints so I could see her again though she was 400 miles away the next day... But I never thought to take her picture in there...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have never had my own darkroom, and because I could not afford one, shot slides for long.
    I have just acquired a MF enlarger with paraphernalia, which I hope to collect this coming week. I then will have to build a dark room. I finally have the space to do that.
    Although I have a very capable, professional high-end scanner, I spend so much time behind the screen for my work (24/7) that I prefer the analogue way to capture and print. Or so I think for the time being. But I have used a dark room before, I'm sure I'll enjoy the manual work. Even if I'm only selecting very few pictures—or perhaps, just because I know I will.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're not alone. My darkroom is 60sq ft. Cold, stinky and hot in the summer. Full of warts too. But it's sure heaven.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I built my darkroom about two years ago, and I am very happy with it. In my experience printing can either be very fun and rewarding, or extremely frustrating (when the prining session doesn't work out as planned). In any case, I wouldn't be without it!

Trond

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyConley View Post
    I still love working in the darkroom. It's kind of a sanctuary for me. So much of our lives is fast paced and seemingly now-driven, but making darkroom prints is wonderfully slow and nuanced. For myself, it's a very meditative process.
    My sentiments, exactly!

Shooter
    35mm
    and of course W. Eugene Smith played classical records @high volume in his darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    and of course W. Eugene Smith played classical records @high volume in his darkroom.
    and he watched TV!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    oh this thread is inspiring! I've been wanting to put together a darkroom for years now, but it will either have to go in a cramped space under the porch in the basement (4' wide by around 12' long, no running water / drain) or in a bathroom as a temporary setup / tear down every time. One way or another I will go that route though... been having way too much fun these past few years developing my own b&w, color negs, and color slides at home. I've also all but decided to ditch the inkjet printer too (those ink costs are ridiculous, and it chews threw $$$$ worth of ink after sitting idle for just a couple months), and just go pure wet darkroom. I'm sure I will get better prints this way too (and just farm out my annual holiday greeting card to a pro printer like WHCC).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a me too answer ;-)
    It's a bit of a sanctuary at times and a concert hall too. Oh and I get some work done too. Can't live without one!
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some great intries.. Awesome?

Todd

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin