Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,698   Posts: 1,549,110   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Who here abosultly love thier darkroom.. ?

Sounds like obvious question. Last night I was printing out some 5x7 on RC paper. Some family pic to put in photo album, as I was watching my image come up, I stood back and looked at what I had in my darkroom, and what I was doing. Listening to my music, occationally sip a glass of wine. knowing my family will benefit from my labor of love. We all have a wonderful skill on what and how we do photography. I feel so blessed.

ToddB

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    No Brainer, I do!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Umm... for the last 50 years and counting...
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    I certainly used to, and when I get my new darkroom up and running soon, I will again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love darkrooms!

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Me too. Space for a darkroom was a major criteria to me when buying my house. If/when I sell my house, it will again be a criteria in its replacement's selection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love the darkroom I have now, as it was designed in the plan when we had our house built. I'm old enough now to know I'll never move to another place. (can't afford to anyway). I've had a darkroom in every place I've lived since my first in 1973. Even if it was in a bathroom as a temporary set up, or made with black plastic sheeting in a garage. I've always loved having a place to go make pictures, relax, and learn new things.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some awesome responces.

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Whenever I get a house there will be a dedicated, running water, temp adjuster, and plastic sink, darkroom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I remember a while back I went to this local camera store when I was getting stuff together for my darkroom. I was talking with sales guy, must of been in his 60's. I told him that I was getting together a darkroom and discussion led to him saying "I used to have a darkroom..I dont miss it". I was thinking "how sad". I can understand that some people don't liketo toil over stuff when easier take photos and drop on a computers and look. I don't know.. there is something special about something being hand made. There is something theraputic being in that room.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin