Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,462   Posts: 1,570,645   Online: 827

Shooter
    Multi Format

77mm Tiffen Circular Polarizer... narrow tread base?

Have an RB67, and stopped at a thrift store that was selling 7, assorted 77mm Tiffen filters, for $28.
    What a steal, and I'm very happy with that.. all in good shape, but I'm having trouble with the narrow Tiff circular Polarizer.
    Getting it on is easy, but getting it off, as the base with the thread is only about 3/32 wide, is difficult, making it very hard to grip, to take it off a 90mm lens.
    Had to use a small screw driver tip, twice, to 'grab' the notches, to start it off... not liking that solution very well..

Any suggestions?
    Those with the same filter, must have the same difficulty, what have you done to rectify this?

Shooter
    Large Format
    These tough plastic filter wrenches are thin enough that they should fit between the lens and the rotating portion of the filter to grip the solid mounting ring and loosen the polarizer from the lens.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rench_Set.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah.. that looks good, I'll wait till we make another order... thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin