Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,018   Online: 831

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I wonder if "most" people actually do?

Informal poll for 6x6 shooters - do you print square or crop to rectangular? I do both at different times.
    Both, depends on the subject.

I have a C220 and have had it for about 20 years. I used it for weddings in the old days. The 80mm and 135mm lenses have given me great results.

The 135mm is showing signs of fungus around the edges so i'll probably have to replace it soon but it still fires reliably.

I also have a prizm finder that gets little use. I love the WLF for the "live view" properties that I get from it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well to each his or her own concerning the prism, of course. I confess I've never used a TLR with a prism. My Yashica feels natural looking down, even held up to near eye level to look down and use the magnifier, which is really sort of "upper chest level," but trying to use the sports finder at eye level doesn't feel natural to me.

It seems more people print square or whichever fits than routinely crop to a rectangle. I'd say more of mine are square just because that's what I'm seeing on the gg so that's how I tend to compose it, but I have plenty I've cropped to rectangles too. With modern films even a 16x20 from a 645 portion of the frame looks great so I have no hesitation in doing so.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > do you print square or crop to rectangular

Mostly square. I compose in square finder and so I natural get a squard image.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin