Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,664   Online: 1102

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cool.. Sounds like wonderful time.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mostly in Europe I use my Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515 and Voigtlander Vitomatic II.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Depends on the nature of the trip. If photography isn't the primary mission, then I'll take either my Rolleiflex or more often, my Fuji GA645Zi and a small tripod. If I expected to need to shoot low light hand held, I'd bring a 35mm with a few fast primes. If photography is the primary mission, the full hasselbald kit plus the Fuji as a back up.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2 Canon F1N-AE bodys 17mm f3.5, 50mm f1.4 and 28-85 f4 zoom in a Domke f6 bag
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Benjiboy about Canon F-1 but a TLR is also a good choice.

Jeff

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would depend on how I am traveling and where I am staying.
    If I plan on renting a car and will in be the country side for landscapes I would travel with my Mamiya Press Universal with a Normal and Wide, and a 35mm with 4 primes, 24mm, 50mm, 105mm and 135 or 150 (Pentax 42mm) and a good quality point and shoot.

If I plan on staying in a city and using public transportation and doing a lot of walking I would just take a 35mm with same primes and a point and shoot.

Other option for light travel is Sigma SA 9 and Sigma SD 14 with 2 zooms 28 to 105, 70 to 210 and a 50mm prime.

Shooter
    35mm
    Unless you're going on a safari.... A Normal and a Wide angle lens will do 99.99999% of shots for me.

I'd go medium format (6x6 or 6x7). Any camera with a 80mm lens and a 50/60mm wide option.
    I currently own a GF670 and that package has covered 90% of shots I take. Would love to have a GF670W to add to my next trip but at current prices I guess that means either the camera or the vacation!

Personally, the less options I have, the better! So I'd say carry as little gear as possible. This isn't a comment on weight concerns but rather of a mind set.
    While travelling, especially to a location I've never been to, I do get visually overwhelmed by the plethora of novel possibilities. Making choices as to what gear to use for which picture became a burden and a source of anxiety that just has no place in a trip.

I'm a firm believer that in any creative process less options is more. I have seen this to be true on more than one occasion and on more than one medium.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always carry 2 bodys when travelling because if one craps out on you the lenses are just so much junk to lug about.
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Rolleiflex 2.8E, with a second as a backup. K.I.S.S. As an alternative, my Contax G1 & G2 plus 21, 28,45 and 90 lenses. Not so simple, but it gives me a wide range of focal length options. It all depends on if I've been there before or not. If it's my first time, I'd more likely take the Contax kit. For a re-visit, the Rolleis for sure. If I'm in glutton-for-punishment mode, the Canham 5x7 with the 4 3/8" W.A. Dagor, 240 Heliar, and 12" Commercial Ektar (or maybe the 450mm Nikkor-M).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i just bring one camera and one lens.
    i am going to france in july, and probably will
    only bring one camera ( 35mm ) and a 50mm lens.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin