Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,654   Online: 848

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Pick a Camera seniorio

OK guys,

If you were to go on a trip to Europe for two week or any other cool place. And was given a choice on what camera to use. A 35mm, meduim format or a rangefinder. which would it be and why?

ToddB

Shooter
    Large Format
    A Mamiya 7 with 3 lenses.

It's lightweight, portable and has extremely sharp lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have limited experience with this sort of thing but here is my 2 cents:

I went to Cuba last year with Leica rangefinders. Once I was there and seeing the interesting features of the place, the architecture from the 1800s, the
    curious little towns, Havana all that.......I realized two things:

I would have preferred to lug a larger format along and have stayed longer than one week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Although not a huge fan of zooms (yet I own three...go figure), I would grab my F6 with the 17-35mm ED, 50mm 1.2 and the 80-200mm ED. And, in the interest of peace of mind, I would stash a motor-less F2 in the bag. My choices? The wide and telephoto zooms cover an extensive range on both ends; the 50mm prime for the low light situations that are bound to occur. Combined, the above should cover prtty much anything you would wish to shoot. All the above should fit in a camera bag small enough not to be a bother. Oh, and a good supply of E100G/Provia and HP5/Tri-x...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Medium format, 50mm FLE, 150mm, 2x extender, cable release, carbon fiber tripod with ball head, my trusty spot meter, 18% gray card, yellow, light orange & light green filters, enough Delta 400 film and my camera backpack. Also a Gortex shell and comfortable shoes. That covers most of my photographic situations and although heavy is still manageable for me. I carry a smaller empty daypack in my luggage for occasions that the larger backpack would be in the way.

For great companionship - my wife (who speaks four languages).

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Something small and light with a wide angle, I wouldn't bother with spare lenses or bodies.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    OK guys,

If you were to go on a trip to Europe for two week or any other cool place. And was given a choice on what camera to use. A 35mm, meduim format or a rangefinder. which would it be and why?

ToddB
    Last time, it was for a month. I brought: Nikon F, 35/2, 50/2, 105/2.5, Gossen LunaSix meter. Also, a Nagaoka 4x5 with a 6" Goerz Dagor and a Tiltall tripod.
    The Nikon because I wanted an utterly reliable 35mm outfit, the Nagaoka for some special scenic and architectural pictures.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 05-14-2013 at 01:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll chime in.. Rollei 3.5f and T model, Sekonic 308 light meter and 10 rolls of Provia 400 color and 15 rolls of Delta 100 120 BW. This would go in the backpack camera bag.

Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mine is no bigger than a a regular sized school BP. It's Neo Geo pack. but good point.

Todd

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Let's see, I am leaving on the 24th to go to Iceland for three days and then on to Paris for two weeks. I am taking a Mamiya 7II with 43, 80 and 150 lenses.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin