Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,632   Online: 681

Shooter
    Medium Format

Cause Film Frame Offset to Side 120 Mamiya RZ Pro II Film Holder?

Hello,

Anyone else experience their film frame consistently being offset (ie left to right) to one edge of the film when film loaded in one of these Mamiya RZ Pro with 120 Roll Film holders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	68812 Notice in the example how the image almost is on the very edge of the film on one side, and on the other side there is a large than usual space between the image edge and film edge.

I am not referring to a frame spacing issue.

Can this problem be corrected via self service? Thnxs.
    Last edited by Andre Noble; 05-15-2013 at 01:54 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity of the problem
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you sure you are loading the film correctly? Has this just started happening or is this a new film back for you? If it is a new film back, perhaps it is not the correct one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Film back is newish from Ebay seller, purchased 2 yrs. ago new condition. Its new Pro II version. The roll u see here is kodak EIR, hand spooled. But it also occured on roll before that - factory spooled Delta 3200. I'm hoping it's an issue with the way I am loading the film onto take up spool but i doubt it. Never had this issue with RB backs before.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My RZ does this as well, not all the frames are spaced 100% evenly. Never gave it much thought, as long as the frames do not overlap who cares :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got the impression that the problem is not the spacing between frames but that all the pictures abut to one long edge of the film with a large rebate on the other side. That will be a problem if the edge of each frame is missing the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you show us a shot of the insert itself, showing how the spools are sitting in it?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mine does it to a small extent but there's always at least 2mm of edge.

You know when you insert the source (left) spool, you need to rotate it a bit so that the bottom spindle clicks in properly... maybe that's not happening and the spool is therefore offset slightly?

When it's freshly loaded, how does the paper sit on the pressure plate? Centred? Put the insert in the back and check to see if the paper is properly covering both rails on the gate.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin